*Chapter 19*

The next day, school went by quickly and I began to get slightly excited to see my grandparents who I haven't seen in ages. I was kind of sad, however, that Jessica was sick so I couldn't tell her all about my perfect date yet.  When I arrived home, my whole family was already seated on the living room couch.

"Hey,"I greeted them, plopping down onto the love seat.

They gave me a smile and returned the greeting,"We have a present for you!"

I looked at them in surprise,"What for?"

"Your birthday, silly! We aren't going to be able to make it, so we decided to give you your present a couple weeks early!"my grandma said, excitement clear in her voice.

I nodded excitedly and leaned forward to grab the medium, silver gift bag from her hand. I looked around in anticipation before digging my hand into the bag and pulling out the wad of tissue paper. then, I reached my hand further and came out with a black jewelry box in the shape of a rectangle.

I smiled and opened it up to reveal a thin chain necklace with a dainty silver heart hanging off, diamonds encrusted perfectly on half of the heart.

I gaped at my grandparents,"Are these real?"

My grandad nodded vigorously,"You are about to be eighteen. We thought you deserved something special! I mean, you aren't going to be a minor anymore!"

I gave them a big smile,"Thank you. This really means a lot to me."

I swooped my hair to the side and went to put it on, but the clasp proved difficult. Suddenly, John was behind me, easily hooking the necklace around my neck. I gave him a grateful smile and walked to look in the mirror. I almost cried when I saw how perfectly it fit me. It came just past my collarbone, the chain laying softly around my neck.

After I got myself under control I turned back around with a huge smile,"Well, let's get ready for dinner!"

Everybody mumbled their agreements and I headed up to my room. I quickly straightened my hair into perfection and applied a light layer of makeup. Then, I slipped on a floral dress with a crewneck neckline that came down to mid thigh. It had a brown braided belt in the middle to accentuate my small waist.  I slipped a pink sweater over top and put some bracelets on my wrists. I stuck my feet into a pair of brown wedges and I was ready.

I made my way downstairs and was greeted by my family, who all happened to get ready quicker than me. I blushed as they all watched me descend the stairs. Talk about awkward.

"That necklace just looks absolutely perfect on you,"My mother cooed.

"Thank you,"I gave her a warm smile.

Then, we were out the door and on our way to J. Alexanders. The dinner went by with a lot of laughs and stories all around. By the end, we were all caught up and stuffed to the brim. God, J. Alexanders has amazing food. We headed home around eight and I immediately went up to my bedroom after bidding my goodbyes. I wasn't going to be able to see them tomorrow, because I was going out with Sean.

I slipped off all of my jewelry and clothing, before changing into pj's and immediately falling asleep.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my bedroom door.

"Izzy? Are you awake?"I heard Sean ask from the hall.

I groaned,"I am now!"

He burst into my room with a smirk,"Well, then get your lazy ass out of bed! you're mine today!"