*Chapter 9*

I looked at myself in the mirror one more time, making sure that my hair and makeup were still perfect.

"You look fine!" Jessica whined for the third time in the last minute,"The guys are going to be here soon!"

I finally gave in and started walking down the stairs. Halfway down, the doorbell rang, causing Jess to emit a high-pitched squeal. I think I have just gone deaf in my right ear. I shook my head in amusement, causing my curls to dance around in the air before falling gracefully back on my shoulders.

We both hurried the rest of the way down the stairs, trying to prevent my parents from opening the door and requesting millions of pictures. I had thought we had made it in time, but as soon as we reached the door my mom pranced around the corner, an evil smirk on her face and camera in hand.

I sighed heavily and swung the door open to reveal both of our dates, who surprisingly arrived at the same time.

"Hi,"I said breathlessly, focusing my attention on Clark.

"Hi to you too,"Aarron joked.

I just laughed and Aarron and Jess greeted each other and made their way into the living room. I turned my attention back to Clark.

"You look beautiful,"he said truthfully, his eyes scanning my face and dress.

I giggled and told him that the feeling was mutual. Then we made our way in the direction that the other two had gone. Turns out my mom was already in full blown picture mode, having Aarron and Jessica make different poses in front of the fireplace. I laughed, which was a huge mistake.

"Clark! Isabella!" my mom gestured for us to come forward.

We hesitantly made our way over, and were immediately thrown into the world of incessant photography. Ten minutes later, I think my mom had finally gotten it all out of her system. 

"I don't know why she is so hyped up about it. It's not like it's prom or anything,"I huffed as we headed towards his car waiting in the driveway.

"She's just excited is all,"Clark shrugged and waited for the other car to pull out,"I found it a very caring gesture."

I laughed and we just sat in a comfortable silence, the radio playing softly in the background. Soon, we had arrived at the school and were parking the car and getting out. The school cafeteria was aglow with multicolored lights. The bass thrummed through what seemed like the whole school. A few teachers stood around, giving grinding teenagers evil looks.

I think they had finally learned their lesson. You couldn't stop a large group of horny teenagers from touching each other like that. If they were lucky, nobody will have sex in the bathroom. But, I doubt it.

I watched as it seemed that tons of couples were trying to catch STDs with clothes on. Clark led me to the middle of the gym. We started dancing. He spun me around to where my back was to his chest and I relished in the proximity and warmth. We swayed to the pounding beat until a slower song came on.

Clark gracefully spun me around so that I was facing him. I quickly moved closer and pressed myself against him. I layed my head on his chest as my arms snaked around his neck and I started to play with the wisps of hair that layed on his neck. His warm breath blew across my face as he leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."I said, as truthfully as ever before. But, there was a nagging feeling in my chest that told me I was only hurting myself.

What the hell was I feeling? I was obviously in love with Clark, as I had been for a while. I'm not delusional, I know that we might not end up with each other in the end, but I'm sure we belong with each other right now. So if I knew this then why was I so doubtful when thoughts of Luke popped into my head?