Chapter Four

Travis heard Brady's startled gasp match his own as they both looked in the direction she indicated. In front of him were two of the biggest damn dogs he'd ever seen. Tall, black and built like a duel set of linebackers the dogs stood in what appeared to be a relaxed stance, but the double sets of pearly whites making an appearance stated otherwise. Long, glistening fangs and low, rumbling growls made Travis stagger back a few steps.

"Careful boss, there's another set of trouble right behind us." Brady warned in a whisper. He looked over his shoulder only to be greeted with a carbon copy of the menace that was in front. Four mammoth Great Danes surrounded Brady, himself and their mounts. Travis would have pissed his pants if he wasn't using the fluid to sweat bullets at the moment.

"Now, move nice and slow. If you get back up on your horse, I promise I won't let them make kibble out of your manly bits," the rooftop pixy chuckled.

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" Travis said, feeling like an idiot as he slowly and not so gracefully made his way back to his mount and threw a leg over. He breathed a sigh of relief when his ass was safely back in the saddle and looking down at the still rumbling pack of great beasties.

"Actually, it was rather enjoyable." She giggled. "But, I assure you, they are very gentle."

Travis snorted. "They don't look fucking gentle."

"Well, if you hadn't come into the yard guns blazing and braying like a drunken donkey, you would have seen a different side of them. It's not my fault you didn't take the time to get properly introduced," she stated in her dogs defense.

Travis noticed all four dogs had taken a seat and were currently looking up at their mistress in total devotion. One of them even had a large pink tongue unfurled.

"Introduced?" Travis asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh-huh." She shifted around and sat with her legs dangling down off the porch. "See, most people actually do this thing where they get acquainted with each other. You know, exchanging of names and usually pleasantries." She smiled down at them. "It's called being polite."

"Who are you, little Miss Manners?" Travis snapped. He was fully aware his behavior was less than perfect, but he didn't need his ears boxed by the likes of her.

She sighed. "But I guess you'd rather follow the caveman path of beating your chest and making threatening gestures. So it's not my fault, nor is it the dogs fault, if all your Neanderthal ways evoke unfriendly attitudes in return."

Brady let out a howl of laughter. "Sorry ma'am, but the boss is a little short in the socializing department," he managed to tell her between spasms of laughter. Soon, the tantalizing tormentor joined in with Brady's contagious chortles which earned them both glares from Travis.

"If you are through?" he said on a snarl. When they both settled down he turned his blazing gaze to the woman.

Since he'd encountered the little spitfire, he felt like he'd been on an emotional rollercoaster. Rocketing up steep inclines of such pure lust and desire, he was positive his zipper and dick would fuse together, only to fly down in barely controlled fits of rage which made him want to throttle the vixen.

The thought of having his hands on her made his emotional grid start chugging right back up to another match of wrestle mania in his pants and the ride would starts all over again. Well, he decided he wanted of this crazy coaster of torture and the best way to douse his over-heated hormones was to find out she was a thief. That would certainly cool his jets.

"I would like to know why you have my cows in your pen," he stated through gritted teeth. "Please," he added reluctantly.

"Nope," she shook her head.