Chapter Forty-Four

"So...since this is my first time sneaking out, what do we do now?" Harley asked, her voice a soft, husky whisper in the darkness making Travis's heart skip a beat.

Her long hair which had been down earlier, was now up in a ponytail and the tip of it teased the back of his hand as she wiggled in his arms with excitement. She had a on a pair of cut off shorts that made him groan, a black hoodie and a pair of cowboy boots. Not a trace of makeup was on her sweet face as it peered up at him highlighted in the moonlight, but she didn't need it. His girl was just as beautiful without all that crap. In fact, with the way she was looking at him right now, he was sorely tempted to scoop her up in his arms and march her back into her bedroom to show her just how exciting sneaking in could be.

"We could make out on the porch and take turns giving each other hickeys," he suggested, brushing his lips against hers, getting a taste of cool mint and strawberry lip gloss which only added to his hunger for her.

"Is that what you did when you use to sneak out?"

Her innocent question had him blushing and Travis was thankful for the darkness. The last thing he wanted to get into was his rather despicable behavior when he was a teenager. Back then, he had been rutting around on anything with two legs and a set of boobs and he wasn't particularly proud of it.

"I don't suppose you'd believe me if I said I snuck out to go to the library and study?"

She giggled. "Nope. Try again, cowboy."

Travis sighed. "Mostly Ethan and I terrorized the town," he said, shrugging a shoulder. "You know, typical high school pranks. Egging Mr. Sander's barn, toilet papering the rival school's campus before the big football game...stuff like that."

"You egged someone's barn?" she said, wrinkling her cute nose.

Travis chuckled. "If you knew old Mr. Sander's you'd understand. He tormented us kids as much as we did him."

"Well, since I don't want to toilet paper anyone and I am definitely not egging anything," she mused, snuggling deeper into his arms. "Do you have any other ideas that don't include vandalism and ending up with us getting arrested?"

"We could play it safe and sneak back into the house," Travis suggested, moaning slightly as her hips brushed against his cock. Heading into her bedroom was sounding better and better by the second.

The words were no sooner out of his mouth when the porch light clicked on, making Harley jump out of his arms and he cussed under his breath.

"Oh-oh...busted," she muttered.

"Like hell we are." Grabbing her arm, he towed her behind him and as he made a run for his truck. With her giggling, he opened her door, grabbed her by the waist and tossed her up into the cab. Closing it shut, he jogged around the hood and leaped into the driver's seat and fired up the dually.

Before he backed out, he saw Aden leaning against the porch rail...smiling. Not knowing what to think about that, he quickly turned the truck around and headed out. He was certain he'd hear about it when they returned, but for now...he had his woman at his side and the night ahead of him.

Another laugh bubbled out of Harley's mouth as he drove like a madman down her driveway and she hung on when the truck grabbed some air over the cattle guard. "If I would have known sneaking out was this much fun, I would have done it sooner," she said, glancing over at Travis's profile. Turning his head, he grinned out from under his cowboy hat and she felt it all the way down to her panties.

"Why don't you come a little closer, sunshine," he drawled, stretching out his arm and wiggling his fingers at her.

Scooting over, she was immediately pulled up tight against his side and she sighed happily. There was just something about riding in the front seat of a pickup with a cowboy's arm wrapped around you that made a girl's heart pound out of her chest.