Chapter Seven

Harley watched the spectacle of emotions play across the handsome cowboy's face. She could literally see the diminutive window of playful flirtatious opportunities slam shut right before her eyes. Not only did it slam closed so hard it made her wince, but she could make out the shudders being locked and it being bricked up with a wall of protection so thick it might not be possible to bust open with the help of a sweaty, muscled New York construction worker welding a jackhammer. Foogetaboutit.

Woo-boy, there goes the steel rod right back up his ass, thought Harley as Travis stepped closer and loomed above her like the avenging angel of death. She was sure the stance had served him well as far as the intimidation factor went for men, but unfortunately for her Adonis, she wasn't a man. So his huffing and puffing of his glorious chest did little more than just make her itch to run her hands against its sculpted surface.

She wasn't exactly sure why, but she did know she'd never had this kind of response to a man before and she would be damned if she was going to let his insecurities stop her from exploring wherever this spark smoldering between them could lead. After all, if Adonis was the one, the she owed it to herself to find out for sure.

What was his problem anyway? What did he have against a little spontaneous duel combustion? She knew this unusual attraction was not one sided, which could be a dangerous game if one person's allure was not returned. It's the way stalkers were born. Not only could she visually see his gigantic response, she giggled to herself, but she felt it. She felt the intense electric spark when their lips met and if he was too chicken shit to jump in alone, then she would take the dive and bring him along with her.

Never one to step away from a challenge or be particularly easily bullied, Harley yanked her hat further down her forehead and slammed her sunglasses back on her face. Feeling more confident now her shield was in place, she stepped so close to him not even a thread could fit between the two of them. Her eyes traveled from somewhere mid chest area up to meet his icy glare head on.

She gulped a bit before she finally quietly said, "You know who I am cowboy." I'm the one that's going to penetrate your wall of protection with a wrecking ball if necessary and surgically remove that band of steel wrapped around your spine, she added to herself.

All four dogs, sensing her unease, came around her in silent support. King on her right, Queen hovering near her left, Ace and Jack pulling up the flanks, kept her steady on her feet as she faced him. King's soft rumbling growl added to her courage. Grabbing his shirt, she used it for leverage making him bend forward and got on her very tippy toes so her lips where a tongue flick away from his earlobe.

"I could be the answer to your dreams," she whispered so only his ears could hear. "If only you'd stop glaring at me like I was your worst nightmare long enough to realize it." She tickled the delectable lobe with the very tip of her tongue and blew a sweet breath against it which caused goose pimples to flood his skin and a shiver to snake down his spine.

The sudden punch in her gut from his straining cock and his bulging biceps locking her in his arms, let her know she had accomplished her goal. Huh, what do you know, some of the stuff you read in the romance books actually works.

"Come with me," she demanded with a husky whisper.

"Whuh?" Travis's mouth dropped open.

"I said, come with me," she giggled as she realized he was no longer using the head on his shoulders to do his thinking.

The knowledge of what her statement made him assume, gave her a heavy dose of confidence in her sexual ability. Something she rarely ever tapped into. Loving every moment of knocking Adonis for a loop, Harley slowly slid out of his arms, making sure every part of her body made some contact with his and started the age old feminine sashay towards the barn.