Chapter Twenty-Nine

Harley pulled back and looked at him in shock, tears swimming in her eyes. "How can you see so much?"

"Because you've stolen my heart," he said quietly. Glancing down at their entwined hands, he pressed them against his sternum and took a deep breath. "That's why I'm here. I'm trying to steal yours right back."

"Aren't we just a couple of larcenist?" she teased, hardly able to believe what he was saying. Feeling his heart thundering in his chest, she matched his ragged breathing pant for pant. "What about Rafferty? The town? They...," she swallowed, "hate me. You could become a laughing stock or worse by being seen with me."

"My sweet, sweet, sunshine. You could only improve my respectability." He sobered up and tilted her chin to meet his luminous gaze. "Besides, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I know you and I know how I feel. I want you. And you want me, I hope. That's all I give a damn about."

It was like a fairytale come to life right before her very eyes. It was almost too good to be true. His sweet words sent her heart to singing and it felt like she had died and gone to heaven. But, there were still a couple of trolls lurking in the back of her mind mucking up the perfect setting.

He's not the all American type boyfriend. He never dates women from around here...ever. Desi and Becca's warnings rained down on her happy little parade and soaked her in doubt. Their voices vibrating through her skull as if it was Dolby surround sound.

Keeping her gaze level with his, she searched for the truth. What she saw was nothing but sincerity, warmth and perhaps a little fear. He was worried about what she would say. That was a good thing, right? If it was all smoke and mirrors, he wouldn't be anxious. Taking a deep breath, she decided to speak from her heart.

"I want to fall for you Travis...and I fear I might be already."

"But?" He arched a brow.

"But...I'm not sure you will catch me if I fall all the way." Harley shrugged.

"Sunshine, I will always catch you." He wrapped his arms around her, pressing her against his hard muscular chest and burying his face into her hair. "Can't you tell how much I love you already?" he murmured softly as he released her far enough to see her face. "I know this is moving fast, but I promise you...it's real. I promise I will do everything in my power to earn your faith in me." He grabbed her hand and placed it over his heart again. "Will you trust me, Harley? Can you at least trust what is happening between us?"

Hope, love and tenderness turned his eyes a dark cobalt blue and she was utterly lost to their depths.

"Yes," she whispered. "I trust you."

By uttering those three simple little words, Harley knew she had made a life changing decision and there would be no going back. But, instead of feeling anxious, she felt an overwhelming profound peace settle over her. Happiness making her heart soar. Her father had been right along. Her heart would know where it belonged and it belonged with Travis Montgomery.

She reached up with her free hand and touched his cheek. Running her fingers lightly over the smooth contours of his face and tickling across his beautiful mouth. Those blue peepers of his softened at her in such away, it made her feel like her heart had pounded its way up into her throat. Choking slightly on a soft sob, she decided to go for broke.

"I love you too, cowboy."

A dazzling smile broke across his face causing the muscles in her belly to tighten and her pussy to clench.

"We have more to talk about, Sunshine...but, I think right now...I need that kiss."

Harley watched in wide-eyed amazement as the look in his eyes transformed from sweet tenderness, to molten desire. Adonis's heated gaze penetrated hers, searching for permission as he rained petal soft kisses across her face. Once his lips touched hers, she was at a loss for words and could only groan in encouragement.