Chapter Sixty

Travis reached out to steady Harley after she slammed the air right out of his chest when she ran into him full speed ahead. Inhaling, the rush of air filling his lungs was full of her sweet scent. Jasmine. The instant the smell registered, he forgot how to breathe. A crazy reaction, but one he was becoming accustomed to since the day he'd met the intoxicating little minx. Instantaneously, the blood pumping through his body surged south. A typical response every time he found her in his arms. Gazing down, his heart stuttered at the sparkle of her eyes and the way her sweet lips popped open in surprise. A sight he would never tire of seeing, and one he quickly took advantage of.

Before she could get her feet underneath her, Travis swooped in and wrapped his arms around her waist, tugging her up firmly against his chest. Harley sucked in a shocked gasp, but it was the last draw of air he allowed as his lips descended to hers. Her lips were so delicate, so soft and perfectly shaped to fit his. He'd only meant to touch them in a light, teasing greeting of a kiss, but when he got the first taste of her, he couldn't resist flicking his tongue out to trace the smooth contours of her upper lip and feel that cute little dip in the middle. A shot of desire hit him hard in the chest as if she'd aimed it directly for his heart. It had only been a few hours since their little spat, but fuck...it might as well had been an eternity with how much he'd missed her in that short time.

He felt the velvety whimper of her surrender against his mouth. Burying his fingers in her hair, he deepened the kiss and poured his soul into it. Enfolding one of his arms around her shoulders, he hauled her closer to him. The silky shirt she wore snagged on the rough callouses of his hand, tugging it to reveal a patch of bared skin for his other hand lingering at her waist to glide over. The feel of her was smooth under Travis's palm, and warm against his fingertips.

She shifted in his arms, moving and wiggling closer, and he realized Harley's lips were seeking his as desperately as he sought hers. With a low growl in the back of his throat, he clenched her tightly and bent her body back into a sweet arch that pressed her crotch firmly against his aching erection. Dipping his tongue deep into her mouth, he savored the taste of chocolate and the way she shivered against his body. He slid his other hand to join its partner and stroked the perfect curve of her ass. Harley let out a sound that was feminine, yet rough and gloriously uncivilized. The resonance drove him closer to the brink. He wanted to take that slippery top off and shimmy her out of those jeans. He wanted to lift her up and wrap those legs around his waist while he thrust deep inside her and plunged them both over the edge.

Harley waggled temptingly against his cock, and he felt his lust start to spiral out of control as her heat seared him through his jeans. He was so hard. He thought he'd erupt in his pants if she squirmed one more time. With a hard shudder and a groan of reluctance, he released her lips. Pushing her hips gently but firmly away from his, he put some much-needed space between them before he did something that would end up with the both of them being arrested.

"Travis," she panted looking up at him. With her swollen pink lips and wide eyes, she looked like a sexy siren. An enchantress in tight blue jeans...tempting and sultry and sexy as hell. "Oh...sorry," she mumbled shyly.

"For what, sunshine?" Travis was having trouble thinking. His head was still spinning from that kiss, and he blamed the effect on all the blood having traveled to pool in his dick.

She flushed brightly and nodded at his midsection with a sheepish grin.

Glancing down, he frowned. When had his belt come undone? Jerking his dazed gaze at her, she gave him an unapologetic smile. "Hellcat," he murmured, quickly buckling his pants.

Harley let out a throaty laugh, twirling her hair in an effort to redo the ponytail he had tugged loose. Looking around the floor, he spotted the clip. Bending down, he plucked it up and offered it to her. "Looking for this?"