Chapter Thirty-Three

Travis collapsed on top of her, his mind feeling lethargic and euphoric with pleasure. He couldn't even manage to come up with enough brain power to speak. The most he was able to accomplish was to kiss her over and over as he felt himself soften inside her. His cock sliding out of her welcoming warmth was enough to make him realize what he had done.

Fuck! He hadn't worn a condom! Of all the stupid, moronic, juvenile things to do. He groaned into her sweat dampened neck, his body shaking and trembling from both the aftermath of the best orgasm he had ever had and with implications of what he had done.

On unsteady arms, he hoisted himself off her and looked down into her contented, smiling face. Damn, she was beautiful. Not only was she everything he could have imagined and more...but she had given him the most precious of gifts. And how does he repay her? He cursed under his breath, he forgets to wear a fucking condom.

"I'm sorry, sunshine. I'm so very...fuck...yeah...sorry," he muttered, grimacing at how pathetic he sounded.

Her lavender eyes popped wide. "For what?" Reaching up, she stroked his hair out of his face.

Moaning, he leaned into her caress and kissed the palm of her hand. "I forgot to wear protection." He closed his eyes, blowing out a frustrated breath. "I can't believe I did that." Rolling carefully off her, he laid down beside her and threw his arm over his face, calling himself every derogatory name he could think of.

Her giggling brought him out from berating himself. Peeking over at her, her face was beautifully flushed, her lids drooping sleepily, but she gave him a sexy little smile which made his heart skip a beat.

"It's okay, I think," Her brow crinkling into a little frown.

"Are you on the pill?" Hope surged through him at the thought.

She shook her head. "No. But I finished my period a few days ago. I think the chances of me getting pregnant is less likely." Shrugging her shoulder, she grinned up at him. "Regardless, I don't regret it and next time, we will use one."

His body sagged in relief. Not only was he happy she wasn't angry, but he was ecstatic to know there would be a next time. Gathering her into his arms, he leaned down and touched his lips softly to hers before allowing her to snuggle tightly into the crook of his arm.

"I want you to know, I had a checkup last year. I'm clean and I haven't been with anyone since."

Her brows rose to her hairline. "Really?"

He chuckled at her expression. "Yes, really." Rolling his head towards her, he gave a little smirk. "I...um...I didn't run into anyone I wanted to be with," he said, hugging her closer to him. "You are the first woman I've wanted in a very long time."

"I'm happy to hear that," she poked him playfully in the ribs before laying her head on his chest with a soft sigh. "As you now know, I've never had sex before and I'm clean too."

"I'm happy to hear it," he teased, kissing the top of her head. "Although, it would have been nicer to know beforehand."

"Where would be the fun in that?" she yawned.

"You do like to keep me on my toes."

"Get used to it, cowboy. I'm full of surprises," she whispered sleepily, throwing an arm over his chest and giving him a squeeze. "I love you, Travis."

His heart seized. Those words had been thrown at him in the past by other women, but there was never any emotion or meaning behind them. Usually, it was a last ditch effort on their part to try and convince him they cared, but he knew there wasn't any depth to their declarations. Until now. Looking at the woman he held in his arms, his heart swelled. He had waited so long...he feared he may never find her and wouldn't ever hear those precious words. And now, they sounded all the sweeter and worth the wait coming from her lips. He was one lucky son of a bitch.