Chapter Sixty-One

Songs for this chapter are:

Why Try - Ariana Grande

Locked Away - R. City ft. Adam Levine

Energy - Drake

--------------------------

Justin's POV

"Yeah, my release day is scheduled for about six months," Stick, or should I say Brad told me. The institution had rented two Greyhound buses for Ward 1 to travel to the mall in. Brad was my 'bus partner' and he's being talking my ear off this entire time.

I nod in understanding, turning away from him to look out the window. I opened mine a crack, letting the fresh air enter my nostrils. "When's your release date?" Brad asked and I fight the urge to strangle him.

"Ten months," I grumbled.

"Aw man, that really blows." He laughed. Yeah, it fucking does so how about you shut the fuck up about it?

"Yeah," I replied simply, keeping the negative thoughts to myself.

Finally, Brad get's the message and shuts up, but just my luck it's right when we arrive in the parking lot. The people at the front of the bus stand in excitement, but the only emotion I was feeling was nervous. What if this mall was shit and there were no nice rings? I swear to God, if they're cheap pieces of shit I'm gonna-

"Justin?" I looked up to find Francesca hovering over me. I glanced around the bus, everyone was already off, waiting outside the mall. Shaking my head, I stood up and exit the vehicle with her.

Mrs. Twain is quick to intercept me. "When we first get in, we'll place a meeting spot. Then, we'll discuss when to meet each other." She smiled but I only rolled my eyes. Ward 1 entered the mall, and I'm very surprised. The mall had a lot of high end stores, I sunk my teeth into my bottom lip.

My very smart mother had left my credit card information, meaning, I could spend however much I wanted. My bank account was a bottomless pit of money, has been since I was eighteen. Drugs were expensive, what can I say? You wanted someone killed? You called me, and I didn't work for cheap. But these ugly bastards were willing to pay millions to have their enemy killed without being thrown in jail for sixty years.

I was quick to weave through the crowd to find Francesca, my eyes narrowing as Sti - I mean Brad stands next to her. "What do you think you're doing?" I asked.

"Helping you, and the lovely Ms. Hurley, pick out an engagement ring." He said confidently making me ball my hands into fists.

"Why would you tell him?" I growled at Francesca and she rolled her eyes.

"Shut up, Justin, he's harmless."

"Harmless, yes, wanted, no." I snarled, looking him up and down. He cowered under my gaze and I tried to hide my smirk.

Francesca gave me a disappointed look, "can't you just be nice, for one day? You're picking out a wedding ring for God's sake."

I ignored her, starting to walk away from the two. I didn't bother finding Mrs. Twain. Glancing over my shoulder, I yelled, "come on, retards."

Brooke's POV

"And that, is your assignment for the day, get working!" Professor Darabie shouted. I snapped my head upwards, what did he just say?

"Zoned out?" Hayden chuckled and I groaned.

"What are we doing?" Hayden was my assigned lab partner, he was nice, but didn't do Jack shit.