Chapter Twenty-Seven

Songs for this chapter are:

Born to Be Somebody - Justin Bieber

Finally Found You - Enrique Iglesias

----------------------------------------------

Brooke's POV

"Baby, why are you running?" Justin screamed. I looked back, my vision blurred. My feet smacked down at a rapid pace against the pavement.

"I- I can't stop!" I yelled. He quickened his running, desperately reaching out for me.  I didn't want to run, I stared back at Justin, wanting to curl into his decorated arms.

"Kitten, stop!"

"I can't!" I argued. Tears streamed down my cheeks. What was going on? Why can't I stop running?

Suddenly, I tripped over my own feet, my body smashing against the ground. I felt no pain, but for some reason I screamed as if I was in pain.

Justin caught up to me, kneeling down next to me.

"What the fuck were you thinking?! Your punishment is going to be so terrible you'll regret ever doing this!" Justin barked.

"I- I don't even know what's going on." I mumbled, my head resting against the ground. "J-Justin, I want to be with you." My hearing became fuzzy and my eyes closed. I could faintly hear Justin's screams of terror before I completely blacked out.  

I gasped, shooting up in the bed. My heart was beating miraculously and my chest was rising and falling faster than I've ever seen before. Justin stirred next to me, peeking an eye open.

"Kitten? What's wrong?" He sat up, rubbing his eyes. His voice was hoarse, and I'm pretty sure he still couldn't see me properly.

"Nightmare," I whispered. The images of the running and Justin's scared - yet angry - face flashing through my head.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. He leaned his back against the headboard and pulled me onto his lap. My head immediately rested against his warm body, and my legs curled to the side.  I was craving the feeling of curling into his arms.

"I- I was running away." Justin tensed at my words. "But I didn't want to. I just couldn't stop running. You were yelling stop but I-I couldn't." I hiccuped a bit, my eyes watering. He kissed my cheek, trying to comfort me.

"And then I fell, and you started yelling about how my punishment was going to be terrible. But then I started to loose consciousness and you were screaming my name. Then I woke up." I finished. He closed his eyes for a moment, before opening them again. I could see the slight sparkle in them, which instantly made me feel better.

"Why couldn't you stop?" He asked.

"I don't know. I tried to because you were coming towards me but my feet just kept moving." He frowned for a moment, but then a cute smile forced it's way onto his lips.

"Don't worry kitten, I'm so much faster than you that would never happen in real life." He tried not the laugh at his own joke - but failed miserably. I loved how he pushed his anger aside to comfort me.

"Hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty fast." I sassed him. He raised his eyebrows.

"Is that so?" He questioned. I eagerly nodded, pursing my lips.

"We'll race someday babe. But for now, let's get some sleep, yeah?" He suggested, shuffling a bit so we were in a laying down position. I smiled, snuggling into his extremely warm, bare chest. It was perfect how Justin could cheer me up in such a short amount of time.