Chapter Thirty-Eight

Songs for this chapter are:

Crawling in the Dark - Hoobastank

The Fall - The Weeknd

Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz

--------------------------------------------

Brooke's POV

My eyes remained open; they started to water after a while because I couldn't even bring myself to blink. I was so shaken up, I knew I wasn't going to sleep at all tonight.

Justin was sleeping soundly behind me, his arm wrapped around me and my legs were trapped between his.

I knew Kat was coming tomorrow, and I wanted to look pretty and alive when she comes. If I didn't get any sleep, I'd probably end up looking like a zombie, and no amount of makeup could fix that.

I finally ended up closing my eyes, trying to fall to sleep. But, I couldn't. My mind was swirling, my heart was pounding, my throat was dry, and my eyes were still burning. I wanted so badly to go for a walk and get some fresh air, but I'd probably end up being dead meat with Justin's temper.

My arm reached forward and I took a large sip of my water, causing Justin to stir. I hoped he wouldn't wake up, because he'd probably make me talk about what I was thinking, and I really didn't want to do that. Justin always reminds me that he's 'there for me' but sometimes, all I need is myself.

"Kitten?" Justin's groggy voice called. I sucked in a deep breath, before turning to face him.

"Yeah?" I hummed.

"Please go to sleep. Tomorrow is a really big day for the both of us, and you can't let your mind take over your entire body." Justin whispered, his eyes sparkling, even in this darkness.  I knew he was excited and anxious for Kat's arrival tomorrow.

"I can't," I answered him. Justin sighed, rubbing his hands over my back and shoulders. He started to softly sing that song that I absolutely adore, and I couldn't help but smile.  "What are you going to name that song?" I asked, pressing my head against his chest. Justin's hand moved up and started to gently play with my hair.

"I'm pretty sure the obvious answer is Be Alright," he laughed, planting a wet kiss to my forehead. I laughed along, my body finally relaxing.

"Thank you, Justin," I whispered. My eyes drooped closed and my hand found Justin's under the sheets. I entwined our fingers and rested both of our hands under my chin.  He always knew how to relax me.

"Damn, I love you so fucking much it hurts," Justin shook his head, snuggling into me.

"Is that a bad thing?" I teased, my body and mind very close to falling asleep.

"Oh, hell no."

* * * 

I slowly peeled my eyes open, the bright sunlight peeking through the curtains was bothering my sleep. I never really understood the point of curtains, I mean, they didn't even block the sun.

I sat up and leaned my back against the headboard, stretching my arms above my head. Justin was no where in sight, so I called out for him.

"Justin?" I yelled. I heard footsteps pounding up the stairs, and Justin slammed open the bedroom door.

"What? Is everything okay?" He asked frantically. I laughed, nodding my head. He sighed in relief walking over to me.

"How come you called me?" He asked, reaching a hand over to me to help me up from the bed. I gratefully took it, getting up from the bed.  "I'm so nervous," Justin admitted as we walked down the stairs. Why was he so nervous? He had already met Kat yesterday, but I suppose they're going to be spending more time together now.