Chapter Forty-Three

Songs for this chapter are:

U Got it Bad - Usher

Love Never Felt So Good - Michael Jackson

I Want Crazy - Hunter Hayes

---------------------------------------------

Justin's POV

Brooke peacefully fell asleep, her left cheek pressed against my chest. I held her tightly, never wanting to let go.

She . . . actually loves me.

Brooke Santilli, loves me.

My claim, loves me.

My whole life, has and will revolve around Brooke. She keeps me sane. Of course, sometimes it's annoying when she always get's scared of me when I'm angry, however, I'm also grateful. Sure, she over reacts a bit, but maybe that's what I need, because it always snaps me out of my anger, and bring me back to the real world.

She's so fearful, which just makes me even more protective over her. And I'm sure as hell she doesn't mind.

Her fist clutched my t-shirt, her fingers entwined with the fabric. I placed a hand over her's, biting my lip. She was so beautiful, I've never seen a woman that beautiful. Except my mother and Kat, obviously.

I turned towards her once again, keeping her body close to me. I rested my chin on top of her velvety smooth hair, closing my tired eyes.

I fell asleep that night with a smile on my face, for the first time in years.

* * *

"Okay, so this is his medication, make sure he takes it. I can see that he is the stubborn type." I was awoken to that same, stupid doctor's voice. I grumbled under my breath, sitting up onto my elbows. Brooke was standing in front of Dr. Piekarski, laughing at his 'joke' even though it wasn't funny at all. She is way too kind, I'll make sure to rub some of my rudeness off on her.

"Of course, doctor." Brooke smiled. She looked back at me, smiling her perfectly straight teeth at me. She must've had braces when she was younger. The thought brought a smile to my face, imaging ugly chunks of metal on her teeth. Too cute.

"C'mere baby," I groaned, holding my arms open. I was tired, and I didn't want to get out of the bed, even though it was uncomfortable as hell.

"Actually, Mr. McCann, you two are free to leave." Dr. Piekarski said, taking a seat on one of the black leather chairs that had wheels on the bottom.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I took it out to view the notification.

'Hey, Justin. Just texting to let you know that Brooke's Amber Alert is not on the news any longer. The police have called it a cold case since they have absolutely zero trace of where Brooke has gone. But watch out, her parents are still on the hunt for both her and Kiera. Call me when you can. -Shaun'

My eyes trailed over the message, smiling in satisfaction. Not that I've been worried about the police or anything, but it's one less thing that I have to think about. Brooke is safe with me. Her parents can't do shit. They can walk around town and put up 'lost person' signs, I hope they have fun.

Brooke walked over to the bed, placing her hand on my back. I placed my head on her arm, closing my eyes.

"I'll leave you two alone, however, you'll need to leave in about an hour." Dr. Piekarski shot us a smile before exiting the room. Brooke held my prescription tightly in her hand, patting my back one last time before walking towards the door.