Chapter Thirty-Four

Songs for this chapter are:

Clocks - Coldplay

Not a Bad Thing - Justin Timberlake

-----------------------------------

Brooke's POV

Justin pulled the car up into Shaun's driveway. Shaun was already sitting on his door step, his head in his hands.

"Don't just sit there you dumb ass lets get a move on!" Justin yelled from inside the car. Shaun frantically stands up, wobbling a bit, before climbing into the back seat of the car. Delgato wagged his tail, sniffing Shaun's hand.

"Where should we start looking?" Shaun asked. Justin ran a hand through his perfectly styled hair, backing out of the driveway.

"I'll drive into town and then let Delgato go," Justin puffs out another breath, his jaw clenching. "How could you be so careless to not inject a tracker in her? Especially with her attitude," I hesitantly reached over the armrest, my hand finding Justin's. He looked down at my hand, before looking up into my eyes. He smiled, entwining our fingers.

We pulled into the small town, Justin swerving the car to park on the side of the road. Shaun and I got out of the car while Justin grabbed Delgato from the back seat.

"Alright, Brooke and I will follow Delgato while Shaun, you check near Kiera's house." Justin ordered. Shaun nodded, running off in the direction of my home. Justin slung his arm around my waist, tugging me over to Delgato. Justin bent down and took a pink t-shirt out of his pocket.

"Is that Kiera's?" I asked, pulling my eyebrows together.

"Yeah, Shaun gave it to me so Delgato can track her scent," Justin explained. I mumbled a small 'oh', crossing my arms over my chest.

Delgato nuzzled his head into the t-shirt sniffing it multiple times. His tail wagged, and he started barking.

"Let's get this party started,"

Delgato raced down the sidewalk, his paws thumping against the concrete. Justin grabbed my hand, dragging me down the street with him.

"Slow down!" I laughed, desperately trying to keep up with Justin's fast pace. Justin momentarily glances back at me, sending me a goofy grin.

We turned the corner, the cold breeze blowing my hair away from my face. Delgato sat in the middle of the sidewalk, his snout facing up, sniffing the air. Justin placed his hand on the waistband of his jeans, resting his hand on his gun.

"W-why did you bring your gun?" I asked, sucking my bottom lip into my mouth. Justin looked over at me, his face softening. He pressed a kiss to my forehead enclosing his arms around my waist.

"Just for safety reasons. To protect you." Justin explained. I nodded, relaxing my tensed muscles.

We started walking down the street again, my mind wandering. I wonder where Kiera really was? I hoped she didn't get into trouble, what if she told the cops about Justin and Shaun?

Suddenly, I was tugged to the ground, my knees hitting the hard grass underneath me. I hissed in pain, rubbing my hands over my legs.

"Are you okay?" Justin whispered. I looked over to my left, seeing him and Delgato, flat on their stomachs.

"Yeah," I scooted closer to them. "Why are we on the ground?"

"We just found our runaway." Justin smirked, pointing at a short girl with long brown hair, hiding behind a thick tree. "Now, do you trust me?"