Chapter Eighteen

Songs for this chapter are:

Red- Taylor Swift

Nobody Compares- One Direction

I Would- Justin Bieber

----------------------------------------------

Justin's POV

"Meeting dismissed!" Brandon bellowed and I immediately stood up, cracking my stiff back. From the corner of my eye I saw Brooke stand up too, and make a beeline for Jessica. Daniel walked up to her first and I saw them talking. She made eye contact with me and I nodded my head in approval.

"Hey, Justin?" I turned to see Brandon.

"Hmm?"

"Did you uh, ever want to grab coffee sometime so we could talk about the other gangs." Brandon asked, shuffling on his feet. I could tell he felt awkward asking me - and so did I. Brandon and I didn't talk much, only about the gang.

"Well, you know-"

"No, you know what never mind, I shouldn't have asked-"

"No," I held up my hand, "yes, I'll meet you at the coffee shop on oak street, tomorrow ten o'clock."

Brandon's eyes widened. He was shocked that I just completely made the plans for us. Brandon and I were always complete opposites. He was the one who organized everything and I would just kind of run in and wing it.

"Oh- uh, yeah! Alright. Do you want Jamie and Brooke to stay together at your place...?" Brandon trailed off.

"Yeah, that would be best." I nodded, patting him on the shoulder. He gave me a short farewell and I returned it before looking over the crowd for Brooke.

I finally saw her long blonde hair, she was still talking to Daniel. I smiled, Daniel was a nice kid, and he respected everyone. I'd be ok with it if they became friends. But only him, no one else. I don't want her becoming too attached to anyone except me.

I walked up on her from behind and wrapped my arms around her, placing my chin on her shoulder. She jumped in my arms, letting out a light gasp.

"Mmm hey kitten." I mumbled in her ear, kissing it softly.

"Hi," She whispered.

"I'll leave you both to it, hope to see you soon Brooke." Daniel politely smiled, sending a nod in my direction.

"You too! Thanks for everything Daniel." Brooke smiled back and I felt my chest pang with jealously. Did she ever smile at me that way? What did Daniel say to her?

I shook my thoughts away, I'll ask her later anyways. "How did you like the meeting?" I asked her, grabbing her small hand in mine.

"Nerve wracking." She mumbled. I pulled her closer, pressing my palms against her lower back.

"I'll protect you." I whispered into her hair. I felt her smile against my neck. She must know by now that I would do anything to protect her. I'd kill for her.

"Oh, by the way Jamie, Brandon's claim will be spending the day with you tomorrow." We walked out of the meeting room and towards the elevator.

"How come?"

"Brandon and I have things to do."

She simply nodded as the elevator door opened. We both stepped in and Brooke made sure to steer clear of the corner.

"Why are you so far away from the corner, baby?" I winked at her, casually strolling towards her.

I watched her swallow thickly before standing up tall.