Chapter 4: She's the Girl that No One Ever Knows... Yet.

PAULENE

I plopped into my bed.

That was one long day. And tonight is gonna be one long night. Some professors already gave us lengthy reading assignments. I'm too lazy to get up and change. I just want to sleep. I close my eyes.

"Get up and take a shower now!" Krista demanded while pulling my arm.

"Hey! What the fuck, Krista?!" I pulled my arm off her grip.

"You startled me! And don't you know how to knock?"

She frowned and said, "Pau, you should've locked your door."

"Just get out."

She turned to my closet and started looking through my clothes.

"And what the hell are you doing?!" I'm so mad now. I wonder if every sister out there knows this feeling.

"Hmm. Now, go get a shower. You're going with me," She said while still looking through my clothes.

"I know you have a whole lot of Miami night life going on for you, but, I have school tomorrow and you don't. I have stuffs to read and you don't. A whole lot, by the way, so, no. I'm not going with you."

She took out my denim jacket and shorts, and my white sleeveless top, and laid it on my bed.

"Remember that chat mate I was talking to you about? The one I had a sort of internet love affair with when we were still in Canada?"

"Uh-huh."

"Well, did I mention that he lives near?" She asked while batting her eyelashes exaggeratedly at me.

"Wow. No, you didn't."

"It'll be our first meeting!" She exclaimed.

And as if reading my mind, she continues,

"And I want you to come with me so that my chances of getting raped and murdered will decrease significantly."

I stared at her in horror. I hate my sister but I love her at the same time.

Oh my god! What if this chat mate of hers is actually some sort of serial killer? You'll never know, right? What if I get killed too? Who knows what his modus is. He might also have rapist friends with him.

"Just look at you! I'm kidding!" Krista laughed so hard that she has her hands on her abdomen.

"I trust him. Besides, it'll be in a resto bar. I Google'd and Foursquare'd the place. His band will play there tonight. That means, I'll be alone while he is there on stage. I need you, Pau. I thought of bringing along some office mates instead, but, they might flirt with my guy or something," She said in a serious tone before laughing again.

When her laughter subsided, she continued, "I told Mom and Dad about it already. They said that they'll be out for the night as well. Look, I won't make you feel out of place. We will also go home together if that's what you're thinking." She winks and laughs again before leaving my room.

What should I do now? I'm really worried about Krista. She may be a working young woman already, but, she can be so...

I heave a sigh and step into the bathroom.

FRANZ

"Here for Tiffany again? I'm getting quite jealous, man!"

"Don't, Ash. People might overhear and think I swing that way." I chuckled and then sipped my beer.

Tiffany and I go way back. It's sad that she's different now.

What happened to you, Tiff?

I took another gulp.

I looked at where Tiffany is. She's with her friends- A noisy, popular crowd.

She's a different person now. Totally the opposite of that sweet girl I used to play hide and seek with before.

I can't say I hate her new-found confidence, though. In fact, it is sexy.

And then I look at this jerk in front of me... Ashton Harding. He is a good friend. But, I don't like how he treats Tiffany.

Why is Tiffany so head over heels for him? He obviously just wants to... Do her. I don't even want to picture it out.

I could have treated you better, Tiff. I would've loved you. This asshole never will. I know who you really are. Who you really were.

"Drink just a bit more there, man. Don't drink too much, though." He chuckled and hit my back before making his way to the stage.

"If you like someone, say it. Say You Like Me by We the Kings," Ashton says through the microphone.

People are clapping and girls are now squealing. Wow, he is loved.

I look at Tiffany clapping and screaming her heart out. I chugged the last of my beer and looked around.

"She's the girl that no one ever knows ♪♫"

Is that... I blinked and tried to focus my eyesight better.

"And I say hi, but she's too shy, to say hello ♪♫"

Nameless girl from my class?!

--

Check out the multimedia section to watch the official video of Say You Like Me by We The Kings.

I dedicate this chapter to all who showed support for the first three!

To Cupcake_Queen96 and Inaxxo for saying that they're hooked! To BTRfanforever for the love and support, and for pointing out some typos! To purplecattleya for being my first commenter!

Thank you everyone for reading and voting! I hope you are excited for the next chapter! :)