Chapter 36: Bloody Mary Woods

NOTE: DO NOT READ COMMENTS. CONTAINS SPOILERS! ENJOY! :D

ASHTON

Tiffany is getting more irritating by the second.

She reaches for the hair above my ear and twirls some strands around her finger.

"Damn it, Tiffany!! Can't you fucking see I'm driving here?!" I shouted at her.

I can tell that she was startled. Even James' slurping sounds stopped.

After a few moments, he was slurping his gummy worms again.

I take a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"I'm sorry. I can't seem to--" Tiffany said, her voice cracking.

"Just shut up," I cut her off.

Damn it, Ashton. You're being an asshole again.

"I'm sorry, Tiff," I said in a low voice.

"Welcome to Mary Woods!" Printed on the big, old, billboard sign.

I drove further in. It's really dark inside. Thank you for the full moon, but, it's still very dark.

I saw lights from the far right. That must be Eric's Cabin. He said that it's the first cabin we'll see.

"It's kind of eerie here," Tiffany said.

I could not agree more.

The cars of Franz and Krista are close behind mine. We were driving slowly.

I then opened my car window and poked my head out. Franz and Krista soon did the same.

"Should we park here already and just walk a bit? It's spacious here and it's near the exit. Or do we park there? That must be Eric's cabin!" I called out to them.

"We park here! It's difficult to drive further inside. There's not much space for three cars, anyway. I don't know. I can't really see from here!" Franz replied in a voice loud enough for me to hear him clearly.

We decided to park our cars.

We then got out with our grocery bags.

Tiffany didn't run to wrap her arms around me this time. My scolding must have gotten in to her.

I'm relieved.

Not.

She clung to my arm and walked beside me. She is officially the albatross around my neck.

Can't she see that I am holding a grocery bag?

This is one of my worst Saturday nights. Why did I even agree to this?

We saw Eric's Subaru parked near a hanging wooden bridge.

He's already here?

"Isn't that Eric's car?" Horace asked.

"Yeah. He said he'll pick up Dianne. Dianne's house must be near here." James answered.

"Then how come we didn't see him on the road? He should've taken the same road or something? I saw him drive the opposite way. I'm sure of it." Franz was undoubtedly suspicious.

"I don't want to cross that bridge." That's definitely Paulene's voice.

We can't clearly see each other. The full moon is the only light source we have at the moment. The trees are blocking some of the moonlight.