Chapter 15: The 90's Kid

FRANZ

It's the truth, I am really hungry. I puked quite a fucking ton just a few hours ago. Thank god for Aspirin.

I don't regret it, though. I don't regret not taking Ashton's advice. It makes me feel good.

I pushed the pedal and drove slowly out of the school parking lot.

Paulene doesn't seem to be comfortable. Maybe I should try to be less upfront about all of this.

I can't play the let-the-girl-do-the-chasing now, though. I know Ashton will surely not give up especially when money and pride is at stake.

I need to move. Fast.

The silence is quite disturbing. Remembering that we have a bet on her makes me feel guilty. I can't even make myself start a conversation.

I wouldn't have made that bet if I didn't get too frustrated seeing Tiffany run to Ashton's arms. I want to do anything and everything so that Ashton can leave the equation.

The alcohol in my brain then told me to do some stupid resolve- a bet.

I guess there's just no more taking back now.

This is between Ashton and me.

This is about TIffany. Once Ashton gets out of the picture, Tiffany will notice me again that's for sure.

The awkwardness inside the car is growing. I try my best to pretend that I'm not affected by it. I turned on the car stereo, got the connector, plugged my iPhone to it, and pressed shuffle.

The intro of New Radicals' You Get What You Give started playing.

"Wake up, kids. We got the dreamer's disease. ♫♪"

"Age 14, we got you down on your knees. ♪♫ "

"Are you serious? New Radicals?! I love that 90's band!" She exclaimed.

"90's kid here." I smiled.

I'm quite surprised that she knows this song. She is even singing the lines.

Next thing I know, we were both singing along to the song.

"You got the music in you! ♫♪♫" We chorused.

ASHTON

"Hey, Horace. What's Krista's last name?"

"And why should I tell you?" Horace asked.

"Because I think Paulene is cute."

The guys started laughing. James then started howling.

"Josiah," Horace said in the middle of his chuckles.

I accessed Facebook app on my phone. The three of them crowded around me, all leaning in to look at what I'm doing.

I typed "Paulene Josiah" on Search People.

Bingo.

I clicked "Add Friend".

"Thank you, Zuckerberg."

"Why does the geek get all the credit?"

"Why then, thank you Mr. Horace Richardson," I said it while showing him my lovely middle finger.

"Check her Profile Pictures!" Eric demanded.

I opened her album.

Wow. She's beautiful even in photos. James kept howling.

"Stop it, James. They might think a wolf got inside the campus," I glowered at him.

"Check Krista's," Eric said.

Now, why am I not so shocked to see Horace wrestling him?

--

To Nickilove123, here's the update you've been waiting for! ;)

Thank you everyone! Don't forget to watch the trailer! You can watch it on Chapters 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14! This chapter features the video of New Radicals' You Get What You Give! I hope you give it a listen so you can fully enjoy this chapter! :)

Next chapter: Paulene and Franz at a restaurant. Woohoo! What will Ashton do to keep up?