Chapter 25: Fed Up

PAULENE

So they decided to eat at Wendy's because it's near Krista's workplace. Krista has to be back after an hour.

I think it's not such a bad idea because I'm actually craving for a burger.

"Wendy is a hot red head, don't you think, Horace? Just look at those lovely freckles and that big smile that reminds you of burgers, fries, chili, the Frosty, and Coke." 

I almost choked on my Frosty Float at what Ashton just said.

"Now, that's better!" Krista chimed in, imitating the red head in the Wendy's commercial.

And now we're all laughing together. 

"Why is the Wendy in the commercial so thin if she loves burgers so much?" I asked.

"I don't think she is Wendy," Ashton said before taking a big bite of his Baconator burger.

"She is the new Wendy. She eats the salad," Horace said. 

"She eats the burgers! And no pigtails? No freckles?!" Ashton then grabbed his soda and pointed at the paper cup's logo. "This. Is. Wendy. New Wendy is not the Wendy."

"Seriously, this is cracking me up. You two are arguing about who's Wendy?!" Krista could barely talk because she was laughing so hard. She also seemed like she was about to choke on her Chicken BLT Cobb Salad.

I took another bite of my Double Stack. 

This is really fun, but, I suddenly remembered the breakfast with Franz at that beautiful English garden restaurant. What was it called? Sanara? Sonara? Sayora? I was pretty worked up with everything that time. Nevertheless, it was a beautiful experience.

Franz invited me to lunch yesterday before suddenly saying that he had somewhere else to go to. I just hope he was telling the truth. I hope he didn't have to eat alone again.

He must be eating alone now. 

I wonder why he isn't with us right now. He is friends with Ashton and Horace. I wonder why he has to be alone when he has friends.

Or are they not that close?

But, that night at Smashbin... It felt like they're all tight, especially Franz and Ashton. It felt like they've known each other for so long already. 

FRANZ

Defeat.

Damn it. Why is it so hard to get a first win today? 

I logged out of the League of Legends game and shut my laptop down.

Am I losing? 

I put my Razer inside my laptop sling bag and left the study hall. 

Am I losing this bet?

I can’t lose.

If I win, I get it my way.

I don’t really care about the money. He can have it. I just want him to stop leading Tiffany on. Tiffany had been in this one sided love ever since. Just like me. I know how it hurts.

If he wins, he gets the 500 dollars, Tiffany, and Paulene.

If he falls for Pau, then, he lets go of Tiffany, so, I still get the end of the bargain.

I really doubt that he will ever fall in love with Paulene or anyone else, though. Ashton only loves himself.

If he does not fall for Pau, then Tiffany won’t go, and he will just get rid of Paulene like trash if he wants to.

I can’t let him do that to Paulene. Paulene is a really nice girl. She doesn't deserve it.

But…

If I win, what will I do to Paulene?

Wouldn’t I do the same thing?

I’m a jerk.

I’m a jerk for ever making this bet.

I’m a fucking jerk.

I can’t see her.

I turn to the opposite direction. It’s almost class time, but, I just have to skip.

I need to stop over thinking about all of this. It’s driving me fucking insane.

“Ow! Hey! Watch it! Franz?!”

Of all people I could bump into, why Tiffany?

“I’m sorry, Tiff.”

“It’s okay. Why’re you in such a hurry? Where are you going?” She asked.

“Home, I guess. Or I might go play golf.”

“You play golf only when you’re anxious about something, Franz. Is there anything wrong?” She asked with worry drawn on her face.

“You know better.”

“Please, Franz. Can we just get this over with? Can we just be normal friends? I will never like you the way you want me to. You know that. I’m so sorry.”

“Ashton does not love you, Tiff.”

“I-I know. I’m just hoping that he will soon realize that I’ll always be here waiting for him.” Her voice trails off.

How frustrating can this love story go?

I don’t need any more of this, Tiffany.

I walked past her and out of the school building.

--

Hey there! Thanks for reading! I hope you vote and leave a comment if you like this chapter! Cheers! ;)

PS.One of Wendy's commercial at Multimedia section! ;) Not promoting Wendy's, alright? Hahahaha! That's for readers who don't know about it yet. Just so you can relate to Krista's joke! 

Now that's better! ;)

Thank you CrazyassLouis for the read, votes, and comments! I hope you enjoy the story!