Chapter 63: You Sure?

PAULENE

"We can go to my place now and start right away," Franz suggested.

I put my book back inside my shoulder bag.

Everyone else is now leaving the room, even McCullough just stepped out.

I am glad that McCullough let us choose our own partner for the reporting. 

I am the luckiest person in class for being friends with Franz Richmond-- the smartest, not to mention, hottest guy in class. He is my partner for the reporting on Aristotle next week. 

But, starting right away? Really? It's only Thursday. Reporting is still on Thursday next week. I was planning to go straight home and read Wattpad stories all night.

I kind of feel sad, but, beggars can never be choosers.

In this case, I am the beggar.

Do I really have the right to say 'No' if, obviously, Franz's brains would be my salvation?

I am not that shameless.

Wattpad can wait.

"Alright, just let me call Mom," I said to him before I dialled Mom's phone.

After a few rings, she picked up, "Yes, honey?"

"I'll be going to a classmate's house, Mom. We have to work on our report. I'll just text you if we're done and if I'm on my way home," I said to her through the receiver.

"Hmm. Okay, I'm still at the law firm. I'll be going home late, maybe I'll be able to pick you up. Just pay attention to your phone. What's the full name of your classmate? Give me her address and phone number," Mom instructed.

I groaned.

"It's a him, Mom." I roll my eyes and continued, "His name is Franz Richmond. I will text you their address and home phone number later."

There was a short pause before Mom said, "Okay, honey. Take care. Remember, pay attention to your phone. I will definitely pick you up at their house."

With that, I ended the call.

I thought she was unsure? Just because it's a guy classmate, she's definitely going to pick me up now?

I have no problems with that, by that way. It's just that--

Franz was chuckling.

"What?!" I spat at him.

"Are you not allowed to have a boyfriend or something?" He snickered.

"I am allowed to have a boyfriend. I already had a boyfriend before. It's just that, my parents are so assuming. They think that every guy I would hang out with is my boyfriend. I hate them misunderstanding."

He roared in laughter.

"Besides, my parents are still adjusting here in America. If you know what I mean," I added.

He laughed even harder before saying, "There are crazies here in America. I can't say the Media lie, but, crazies are everywhere."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Tell that to my parents," I say to him as we were going out of the classroom.

Ashton?!

My jaw dropped the moment I saw him standing in front of us. 

He had that big grin on his face.

I thought that the burial's today?

"I lied, the burial was yesterday," He said, as if he heard my thoughts.

"I missed you!" He exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace.

I hugged him back.

I missed Ashton.

It felt like it's been so long.

I am glad that he is back now.

We could eat lunches together again!

And then someone cleared his throat.

Ashton won't let go of me.

"Uhh? Ash--" 

He cut me off, "Just a bit more, Paulene. Please? I really missed you."

I could feel my cheeks burning now.

But, it's so awkward to know that Franz is watching.

And then Ashton finally lets go of me.

Oh, come on. Hug me some more?

Behave, you slut.

I do not know why, but, it feels wrong that Franz saw the both of us hugging like that.

"My condolences, Ashton," Franz said to him.

"Thanks, buddy. Grandma is now resting in peace," Ashton answered.

"Anyway, you won't mind if I take Paulene someplace first?" He then asked.

Someplace?

He didn't say anything about taking me somewhere.

Well, he didn't even tell me he's going to be back today.

"Why are you asking me? Ask her." Franz answered.

Franz has a point.

And oh yeah, Franz and I are supposed to head to his house to do our report.

"I think now's a bad time, Ash. Franz and I already planned to do our report tonight," I said to him.

"We can postpone it if you both have to be somewhere important," Franz suggested.

"Oh, no-- It's okay. It's not that important. I just... I just missed Paulene. You two go ahead and do that report," Ashton replied.

"I'm so sorry, Ash. How about tomorrow?" I asked him. 

Please say yes?

"Tomorrow's good. I guess? I'll try. Well, I won't stall you any longer. You two take care."

With that, Ashton turned around and walked away.

Damn. I feel so bad that I rejected Ashton.

I wonder where he would have taken me.

Also, he seemed so sincere when he said he missed me.

I really missed him too.

And that hug.

It felt so--

So nice.

So warm.

So true.

He really came all the way here to ask me to go with him.

Could Ashton possibly like me?

Here you go again with your being assuming, Paulene.

Ashton is just a sweet friend.

He also trusts you.

Maybe he just wanted to tell me more about what happened there in Orlando. The past days, we've been texting and chatting. He's already comfortable opening up to me.

 "You sure you don't want to go with him? We can do the report tomorrow, or the day after that. Your call," Franz said.

I shifted my gaze to Franz.

"Let's go and do that report."

--

This chapter is dedicated to frustratedmomo-- my super fan who would always message me whenever he is done reading a chapter. Yes, everyone, that's right! A male actually enjoys my story and he tells me that he could relate best with Franz! :D I feel so happy that I got a guy reader hooked! Thank you so much! :) I guess, my boy POVs are not that awful after all. Hahaha!

Anyway, short chapter, I know, but, I hope you still enjoyed it. Watch out for what will happen next! :D