Chapter 82: The Otaku Who Loves Belgian Waffles

FRANZ

Voice over: "Makishima Shojo."

"Kougami Shinya."

"Con-gu-ra-chu-ley-shons! Anata ga seiko shimashita."

"Grrrrrrr..... Watashi wa anata o korosudeshu!!"

"Ahhhh! Aaaaaahhh! Hiyaaahhh!!!"

"Honey?"

I clicked on Pause.

"Oh, Mom? Come in."

I clicked on Play again and the sound of punches, kicks, and blood splattering are audible once more.

"Wanna go out and buy groceries with me?"

But, I'm watching my anime.

As if reading my mind, "Honey, you can continue watching that later. I miss bonding with my only son. It's sad to go around the mall alone."

"But Mom!" I whined.

"I'll buy you Belgian waffles," She said.

Belgian waffles? I miss those!

I clicked on Pause.

"Nope, you're gonna have to turn the entire thing off. Just play it again later."

I obeyed.

"Oh and be quick!" She said before leaving my room.

I stretched my limbs. I swear I heard something crack.

Today, I was just planning to hole up in my room since it's the school's foundation day. I need all the energy for the camping tomorrow.

After changing into a new shirt, long shorts, and a pair of flip flops, I went straight downstairs.

"Keys, Mom?"

"Greg? Hand Franz the keys of the Cadillac. Take a day off. I'll have my son as my driver for the day," She said with a chuckle.

Greg handed me the keys of the 2013 Cadllac XTS

I hold the keys with much pride and excitement.

I'm gonna drive this beauty again.

It's not so bad to postpone my anime watching after all.

I opened the door for my mother before getting in the driver's seat.

Marco greeted us with a salute as he opened and closed the gates for us.

While we were on the road, Mom talked about her friends at her church and their plan to hold a big worship next month. 

"Also, tonight, my son, is a special evening. Do you remember why?"

"Why?"

"Honey! It's our anniversary! Me and your Dad's! I will prepare a special dinner tonight which is why I want to hand pick the ingredients myself. We might also buy new dining wares. Your father is a busy man with a lot of things in his mind-- but this morning, just like every morning of our anniversary, he kissed me and gave me a gift. This morning, I got this!" Mom beamed as she flaunted her new gold bracelet.

"That is beautiful, Mom," I said to her and her smile grew wider.

I feel bad for forgetting. I should buy them a gift later without her knowing.

I parked near the entrance of the Grocery Section of the mall. 

"Guess I'm gonna do some lifting today."

"I'll try to stop myself from buying excessively, honey," She said.

I smiled at how childish my mother can be.