Chapter 66: This Can't Be

ASHTON

"This is a great opportunity, Mr. Harding. You can be a star, get that million dollar record. You know I am not lying. Now all you have to do is sign these papers I have with me," Ludwig Harrison said.

"What about my band?"

"I'm sorry, but, we can't let them join the ride. The offer is only for you. Go solo. You can never reach your dreams if you stick with them," He answered.

I don't want to leave my band and go on solo.

We dreamed together, we achieve it together.

"I won't then. I'm sorry."

"Here. Call me if you change your mind. But please, I beg you. Think about it," He said as he slid a calling card inside my hand.

I watch him rise and walk away.

I stare at the calling card for a moment before slipping it inside my pocket. I remember having five of these at home.

"He's back," James said, startling me. 

I gave him a nod.

"You know, it's a big opportunity. You don't have to stick with us. We will understand and support you all the way. I hate to think that we are like a stumbling block in achieving your dreams," James went on, his voice losing its volume.

"Are you selling me out?" I forced a laugh.

He still had a serious look on his face.

"Come on, man. I rejected it because the offer is not that good," I try a more genuine laughter.

Of course, the offer is good, really good.

I then see Paulene and Krista walk inside.

I waved at Paulene.

She waved back.

I can't leave. Not when a very special girl can always watch me live here.

"Let's go?" Eric called out.

We then make our way to the stage.

FRANZ

I made my way towards Paulene and Krista.

"You're here!" Krista exclaimed.

Paulene turned to face me.

I hope she didn't try so hard to make sense of those highlights.

Please don't feel awkward.

She smiled at me.

I let go of the breath I was holding.

God, I am relieved.

I smiled back.

Tonight, I'm gonna undo the wrong I've done to you, Paulene.

Whatever it takes.

"Come on, come on, we're once upon a time in love, we're accidentally in love, accidentally in love ♪♫ "

"I'm in love! I'm in love! Accidentally! ♫"

"I'm in love ♪ "

Smashbin was then filled with sounds of clapping.

The band then got off the stage and headed towards our table.

Ashton's eyes met mine. He then gave me a smirk.

"Hello!" Eric greeted everyone.

He went on, "Check out the new kids' performance. They're quite good."

A bunch of probably high school students started playing an unfamiliar song on the stage.

They're not that bad.

Ashton then nudged me.

"Let's go get a beer," He said before walking towards the bar.

I stood and followed him.

We took our seats at the bar as he gestured the bartender to give us two bottles of beer.

"Before I get drunk again, I just want to say that the bet is off," I said.

He looked at my direction.

I admit, I was taken aback by his reaction.

He started laughing.

"Oh no, Franz. No," He said while laughing.

"Why is that?" He asked.

The bartender then placed two frozen bottles of Heineken in front of us.

"It's foolish. I was drunk then. No one deserves to be played or be an object of a bet," I answered.

"Mhm. Mhm." He nodded.

That's it?" He asked before taking a gulp of his beer.

If he won't agree, I am prepared to pay him 500 US dollars right now.

"Okay," He said.

"Okay? So, the bet is off?" I asked.

"Yes," He answered.

He went on, "I actually thought of the same, but, not because I thought it's foolish."

I suddenly felt nervous.

I gripped my beer bottle tight.

I then took a sip of its contents.

Don't say it.

He went on, "It's because I have fallen for Paulene."

My heart sank.

This can't be.

--

This chapter is dedicated to StoriesChangeYou! Thank you so much for making Got to Believe in Love a song entitled "Over You"!

This is just so sweet and the song is awesome! Here is a link to the lyrics of the song she made for GTBIL: http://www.wattpad.com/21646541-words-in-music-over-you#.UfZD0dJmiSo 

The video is at the Multimedia. Watch and listen! :) 

Thank you so much for the love you have given this story and for sharing your talent! :D 

Like her song book, guys! She makes great songs for stories on there! <3

Anyway, hope you all liked this chapter! I made this while I was bedridden but never got to type it on here until now because I was very sick! 

Updates will be faster now. :) Sorry for making all of you wait lately. :( 

Thank you for the love and support! Even if I was on a hiatus and didn't update, can't even post on the Share Your Story Thread, GTBIL has 27, 935 reads and 2,268 votes in 3 months! Thank you! This story will definitely get better and I hope you are all excited!

Sorry for the lengthy Author's Note. It's just that I MISS WATTPAD SO MUCH!!!! >:)<

Okay. Author's note next chapter will be a lot shorter. :|

Oh, and the song Roll the Dice performed was Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows! Just search the song! It's so cute! ;)

Cheers! :D

And don't get sick! ;)