Chapter 28

I was packing stuff for our vacation to Texas.

It was a few days later and the tickets were already mailed to us from Lucas's parents.

We leave in a couple days.

I folded some jeans and put them into the suitcase lazily.

To be honest, I didn't really want to go to Texas.

One, Annie has never been on an airplane before and I'm kinda nervous how she'll handle that...

And two, I'm still convinced Lucas's parents don't like me.

Not just because of the Annie thing, it was when we were dating in high school.

They always thought I was a "bad influence" on Lucas since I was more of a rebel in high school. Okay.

Lucas came into the room once I finished thinking and looked at the suitcase.

He then pulled out the jeans from the top. "Babe, it's gonna be like 100 degrees outside."

Oh and three, the hot weather. I almost forgot about that one.

Growing up in New York I'm not used to very much hotness.

I didn't say anything after that.

Lucas scooted in next to me. "You aren't excited about the trip are you?"

I looked up at him. "What? Of course I'm excited."

"You don't need to pretend Maya."

I looked down at my foot, which was starting to heal more and more.

"I can always cancel the trip if you want." Lucas said afterwards.

I looked up at him again. "Lucas oh my gosh."

"What?" He said, his facial expression changing.

"Canceling the trip? There's no way I would let you do that."

"You know I wouldn't make you do anything you don't want to."

Instead of saying anything, I leaned in to kiss him when we heard a noise from downstairs.

I pulled away to listen to the noise.

Lucas stood up, suddenly looking guilty.

"Oops. I accidentally left Annie in her playpen alone." He said.

I groaned. "How many times have I told you to leave her there unattended?"

Annie is the type of baby who likes to know where we are, at all times basically.

Lucas was about to leave when he said, "we will continue this later."

I groaned a little but couldn't help but smile.

He's so annoying but at the same time I love him.

I wish I could've stood up to go downstairs but I still had a hard time walking on my own.

Lucas kept reassuring me he'd would do anything he could to help me when we get on the plane.

Even though I'm going to get some crutches tomorrow so it'll be easier.

But he will have to help Annie too? I don't know how he will do it, but it will be interesting.

A/N
Short chapter :(

This is just a buildup for the next chapter, which will be a long one.

Vote and comment! ☺️

I really like adding those little lucaya moments.

~Liz❤️