Chapter 29

ReEdited:
I forgot to acknowledge the fact that this book was nominated for something under the Lucaya awards. Lol

Thank you!

•Maya•

I sat on my bed, just staring blankly at the walls.

I was waiting for Lucas to come back up to the bedroom to get something for me.

Ugh. I really miss being able to walk on my own.

I got out my phone and saw a email pop up on my lockscreen.

I unlocked my phone and started curiously skimming through the email.

As i read through it, i caught some sentences in there i didn't really want to read.

Monthly home bills, i totally forgot those existed.

We haven't paid off any of our bills since Lucas quit his job and we were busy with Annie.

I wasn't going to just tell Lucas to get his job back because of what happened last time.

I bit my lip, putting my phone on the side of me.

What am i gonna do? We can't just go on a vacation without paying our bills can we?

I've been trying to get a job myself, but it's hard when you have a sprained ankle, online college classes and more.

I'm going to have to get one when we get back from Texas.

I was going to have to tell Lucas.

Okay, if he's in a really happy mood i should tell him... I mean it's 11 pm how happy could he be?

Right as that thought hit my mind, I saw someone come in the room.

Lucas didn't say anything right away, going over to the computer.

I sighed. This was already killing me, i had to tell him.

Just to get it over with...

"Lucas, i have something to tell you--What is that?" I said, getting distracted by what he was holding.

He held them up to me. "Our passports for tomorrow. I just took them out of the envelope my parents sent me."

He came up next to me and sat next to me, leaving no room since our shoulders were touching.

"i'm really excited to go to Texas. Thank you for coming with me Maya." Lucas said, smiling.

I smiled back. I couldn't help it, it was so cute how much he wanted to go to Texas.

"No problem.. it'll be fun." I said.

I wasn't sure if it'd be fun for me... but we'll see.

"And don't worry, my parents will behave. I hope." he muttered.

The last time i saw Lucas's parents was one of the most awkward situations i've ever been in...

It was even before i got pregnant and when they found out i was pregnant with Lucas's baby... just imagine how they felt then!

Before i could say anything aloud, Lucas said. "So what'd you want to tell me?"

I forgot i even started to tell him.

"Umm.. it's nothing. no big deal." I said, not having the courage to tell him.

"Okay you sure?" Lucas said, not looking satisfied.

I nodded, not saying anything.

Lucas then looked at the clock and reached down to hold my hand. "We probably should go to bed. We have to wake up early."

I have to tell him... but now really isn't a good time.

~~~~~~
~the next morning~

There's one thing i really hate. Waking up early.

I've pretty much gotten used to it because of Annie but the only flight from new york to texas was at 5 am of course.

So we had to leave our house at 3 am just so we could get through baggage claim and then we have to be at our gate like an hour earlier than the flight.

Because that makes sense...

I finished putting bags in the car, sitting on the ledge of the truck.

Lucas came out with a wide awake Annie in his hands.

"Well she's awake." He said, handing her to me so he could get our last bag.

I looked at annie and said, "You ready for your first airplane ride?"

She didn't respond but just babbled words nobody could understand to herself.

Lucas came back out and grabbed Annie so i could grab my crutches.

"Do you need help?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "No, i'm good."

He already had Annie and all our bags to carry, i didn't want Lucas to worry about me once we get to the airport.

I always feel like i'm forgetting something whenever i go on trips for some reason.

I reached into my pocket to find my phone and passports.

"Here." I said, handing them to Lucas.

He took them and put them in the front seat.

"Can i drive?" I asked.

He looked down at my ankle. "With one good foot? I don't know about that."

"Okay dad." I said, teasingly.

Lucas smiled a little. "You know i'm the overprotective person in the relationship."

I got into the car, putting my crutches to the side. "Right."

Lucas got into the drivers seat and i looked out the window.

It was still dark but i could still see our house.

We started pulling out of the driveway and into the streets.

Well, goodbye home. See ya next week.

A/N

Next chapter they will be in Texas.

I'm skipping over all the airport stuff so the chapter doesn't drag on and on, but you'll hear about some things that may have happened while they were there.

And trust me, while they are in Texas there will be alot of Lucas and Annie moments. A lot.

And obviously Lucas and Maya.

So... vote and comment!

Sorry for taking forever to update :/

~Liz