15

After the last fight, we let the transfers go back to the dorm. Uriah and spent the rest of the night adding scores and ranking initiates. It was 9 pm before we finished. I left his apartment and walked to Tobias' apartment. He didn't answer so I walked around. I found him in the training. He was working on punching bags. I started punching the bag next to him. He laughed at me.

"You are weak." He said

I laughed. Tobias stop punching and came over to me. He placed his hands on my abdomen.

"Keep tension here." He said

I turned around to face him. I smiled at him.

"You just love recreating memories don't you?" I said

He chuckled. We walked back to his apartment hand in hand. I was actually kinda tired. Tobias closed the door behind me. I slipped off my boots and put them by the bed. I laid down in the bed and Tobias laid next to me. He wrapped his arms protectively around my waist. I fell asleep quickly.

********************
Uriah was banging on the door. Tobias was gone. I got up and went to open the door. Uriah had blood all over his hands, arms and forehead.

"What happened?" I asked

"Four and Zeke and Christina and Will. They're-" He said

"Where?" I asked

Uriah led me to the training room where I saw Will holding Christina. Zeke was kneeling by a body. Tobias. I ran over to him. I kneeled next to him. He had a huge gash on the side of his neck. I placed my hand over it.

"Tobias please don't leave me." I whispered through the tears

His eyes were fluttering but his breaths were shallow.

"Don't leave me!" I yelled as tears pour down my cheeks

His eyes closed and his face lost all color.

"NO!" I yelled

**************
I bolted up in bed. I looked over at Tobias who had woken up at my sudden movement. I was breathing hard. I laid back down.

"You okay?" Tobias asked

"Yeah." I whispered

I cuddled close to his chest. I fell asleep to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

I woke up later than usual. I got up and slipped my boots on. Tobias was still sleeping. I left a note for him and went to Uriah's apartment to get the rankings. I walked down to the transfer dorm and woke them up. After they went to breakfast, I posted the rankings. After I finished, I spoke.

"These are your rankings for stage one." I said

1-Sara
2-Al
3-James
4-Lyn
5-Eric
6-Sean
7-Max
8-Jack

"There will be a game tonight. Met in the train at 8:15 tonight with your jackets on." I said

"What game is it?" Max asked

"You'll see." I said

Uriah and I walked to the training room to put the nurostim dart guns in their sleeves. Four came in to help us. Once we had all three cases loaded up, we put them on one of the fighting mats.

"So I told everyone about us yesterday." I said

"Really? Zeke confronted me before dinner with security footage of us." Tobias said before laughing

"He looked so embarrassed to find out we already knew." Uriah said

We went to the transfer dorm. I took down the rankings. We walked around and found Will, Christina and Zeke in the tattoo parlor. Zeke and Will just got a crazy tattoo on their arms. Uriah was excited and got one on his back. By the time tattoos were done, it was time for lunch. We headed to the dining hall. After we ate, Tobias had to go take care of something so Uriah, Zeke, Christina, Will and I played Dare until 7:30.

"Okay, first dare goes to Will." Zeke said. "I dare you to go up to a random person on the street and say something totally crazy."

Will drank then went out onto the street while we watched from the lobby. He went up to an Erudite woman.

"Run! The world is ending!" He yelled before running into the building

We were laughing really hard at the woman's reaction.

We went back to the Pit and continued our game.

"Tris, I dare you to pull the meanest prank on Four you could think of." Will said

"Get the paralytic." I said with a huge grin on my face. "Oh and get me a knife."

Zeke threw me a knife. I cut gash in my hand and smeared the blood on my neck. We went to the infirmary. The nurses shot the paralytic. A few minutes later, I heard yelling.

"Four! Come on she's dying!" Zeke yelled

"What happened to her?" Tobias asked

The heart monitor went blank. I heard nurses yelling. Tobias started yelling for me. I felt really bad.

"I can't believe this. Who killed her?" Tobias yelled

"Calm down Four it was an accident." Will said

I started fighting against the serum. I wouldn't let him hurt Will. He was my friend.

"You killed her?" Tobias yelled

"Four, it was an accident! She ran in front of the target!" Will yelled

I moved my fingers. I started to regain feeling. I started to breathe heavily. I propped myself up on my elbow. I started laughing. I got up off the bed. Tobias looked at me weird. He walked over to me. Everyone else was laughing with me.

"What's going on Tris?" Tobias asked

"I'm sorry." I said as I continued to laugh

Uriah came over to me and grabbed my arm to stabilize me. I moved to the waiting room. Tobias followed me.

"Explain." He said

"I'm sorry I had to do it." I said

"Do what? Fake your death?" Tobias said harshly

"They dared me to pull the cruelest prank on you." I said

"So you decided to scare the shit out of me?" Tobias said

I made a break for it. I ran away. Tobias was close behind me. I ran laughing. Tobias caught me and pulled me to him. I continued to laugh.

"That was a cruel prank. You better watch out or I'll shoot you with those darts tonight." Tobias said with a huge smile on his face

We finished our game of dare at 8 pm. Tobias and I grabbed the cases of guns and walked out to the rest of them. We waited for the train to arrive at the station. All the initiates were there by 8:10. We load onto the train. Tobias and I ran ahead with the cases. Once a the initiates were on the train, we waited until we were close enough to the faris wheel.