31

I didn't know what to say. Tobias was on his knees in front of me on the floor while I was sitting in the bed.

"Yes. Oh my gosh yes!" I said

He slipped the ring on my finger and hugged me on the bed. The ring fit perfectly.

"I love you Tris." He said

"I love you too Tobias." I said

He kissed my forehead and let me lay back down. I fell asleep in a matter of minutes.

Tris POV-3 days later
I have been getting less sick. I have a small bump but you can't tell through the clothes. I am sleeping and eating more than normal. I wonder if Tobias has figured it out yet. I wanted to tell him today. I walked out from the bathroom and went into the kitchen

"Hey." Tobias said from behind me

"Hey." I said

"You ready?" He asked

I nodded and we walked to the dining hall where we found Zeke, Shauna, Christina and Will sitting at a table, motioning us over. We sat down. I laced my fingers with Tobias'.

"I have something to tell you guys." I said. "Two things actually."

"Hurry up. No suspense." Zeke said

"Four and I are getting married." I said

"What's the other thing?" Shauna asked

"I'm pregnant." I said

Everyone except Tobias gasped. He looked shocked, startled almost. He stood up, unlacing his fingers from mine.

"I'm gonna take a walk." He said, leaving the dining hall

I sat there, staring at my hands. I heard someone get up and sit beside me. I looked up to see Christina beside me and Zeke running out of the dining hall, Will trailing behind him. Shauna got up and Christina helped me up.

"Let's all just go back to my apartment." Shauna said

We walked to her apartment where she let me sit on the couch.

"It didn't even seem like he was happy to have a child." I said

"What are you going to do?" Christina asked

"I don't know." I said

I looked down at my feet. Christina rubbed my back to comfort me.

"It's okay. We'll help you through it." Shauna said, sitting down on the couch next to me

We all went back to my apartment. I felt tired so I laid down. I fell asleep quickly.

5 months later
I woke up to gun fire. Tobias helped me up and started running. I ran behind him, even though I wasn't supposed to be. Eventually, I got to tired and too worn out to continue and Tobias kept running.
*
I bolted up screaming. Tobias sat up quickly and held me tight.

"Sh. It's okay. It's just a dream." He said

I cried softly into his shirt. He ran his fingers through my hair gently. I ran my finger over the tattooed rings on my left ring finger. When we got married, we got our rings tattooed to our fingers so they would never come off.

That's when I felt it.

I pulled away from Tobias and put a hand on my stomach. Tobias got up and scooped me up. We both started wearing regular clothes to bed because of this. He ran to the infirmary while I clung to him. The nurse had him set me down on a bed. The nurse told him to leave the room. Once he left, they started.

Tobias POV
I sat in the waiting room with everyone crowded around me. I could hear her screams. Every time she screamed, I would tense up. Then the screams stopped. I heard a faint cry. The nurse came out to us. I stood up.

"Family only." She said

She led me back to Tris' room. Tris was sitting up in the bed, most of her body cover in blankets. She was wearing a hospital gown. In her arms, she held a pink blanket. I walked over to her and snaked my arm around her shoulders. She smiled and looked up at me.

"Beautiful." I said

"Britney." She said

I smiled.

Tris POV
I let Tobias hold her. She looked smaller in his muscular frame. She wrapped her fingers around his finger. I smiled and a couple tears slipped out onto my cheeks. After a while, the nurse took her back to the incubator. They told me I had to say over night just to make sure I was okay. Everyone came to visit me. Zeke and Shauna are expecting. She found out yesterday. Marlene and Uriah are getting married and Lynn is going to train dauntless borns in the spring. Christina and Will are engaged. Eventually, I fell asleep.

Tobias POV
After Tris fell asleep, everyone went home. I stayed with her for a couple hours. Then a nurse came over to me.

"You should get some rest. Go home. I'll watch her tonight. You deserve the sleep." She said

"Thanks." I said

I stood and walked out of the infirmary.  I went to our apartment and laid in the bed, slipping off my shoes beforehand. I couldn't sleep so I ended up putting my shoes back on and walking around the compound. I found Zeke in the training room, lying on the ground of one of the training rings.

"Hey." He said

"Can't sleep?" I asked

"Yeah." He said

I sat next to him.

"I know you're probably gonna laugh at me for this but I'm scared. What if I'm not a good father?" He asked, sitting up. "How's Tris doing?"

"Resting. Made me go home but I can't sleep. Maybe I'm just so used to staying up all the time." I said

"You should get some sleep. Do you even remember when the last night you got sleep was?" He asked

I stood up and left the training room. I walked back into my apartment and slipped off my shoes. I laid back down and eventually fell asleep.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
Hey guys! Sorry my update is late. I will update as soon as I can!