6

"Camila is acting weird..." Normani whispered to Dinah, as the couple sat at the cafeteria, staring down their friend who had been sitting in front of them. Dinah looked over at her girlfriend and nodded.

Dinah watched as Camila poked her sandwich with her pointer finger. "Are you okay Mila?" Dinah asked, hoping that her question wouldn't cause Camila to get angry or upset.

Camila simply looked up and nodded. However, tears were visible in her eyes. Dinah felt the need to pull Camila in for a hug, however the table between them was a huge barrier.

"Hey losers, Lauren and I need somewhere to sit." Maggie stated, before clashing her tray against the table next to Camila. She sat down and gave the short brunette next to her a delicate smile.

Lauren however, rolled her eyes at the gesture and made her way to sit next to Normani. She rudely slammed her tray against the table, and sat down.

"Couldn't we have sat next to a trashcan or something? It would be better than sitting at a table full of rats." Lauren scoffed, as she picked up her fork and poked it into her fries.

Camila gave Lauren a death glare, hoping that the green eyed girl would notice. Lauren did notice, she raised an eyebrow questioningly at the short brunette before looking down at her food.

"Why did you skip English this morning?" Lauren asked Camila, in a low husky voice. Everyone at the table immediately looked at Camila. She sighed.

"I didn't want to go. That's none of your fucking business." Camila rudely answered, causing Lauren to frown at the girl.

Truthfully, there was a lot wrong with Camila. Collin hadn't answered any of her calls the day before, she had gotten into a big fight with her parents, she was afraid of going to English class, and by every second she was falling more in love with the green eyed beauty sitting at the same table as her.

"Camila, don't be so rude." Maggie softly suggested, however Camila knew it was more of a threat. Which caused the brunette, to feel the need to defend herself.

"Why? So I don't upset your girlfriend." Camila hissed, with a small smirk, as she pointed towards Lauren.

Normani began to panic when she saw Maggie's face turn red. Dinah and Normani both knew this wouldn't end well. That's why Dinah had been prepared to fight if she needed to.

"You did not just fucking say that." Maggie screamed, as she got up, still facing Camila. However, Camila wasn't afraid, she was determined to stand up for herself.

Lauren began laughing, too quiet for anyone to hear. She was enjoying the scene.

Camila got up, standing directly in front of Maggie. "Yes I did. What are you going to do about it?" Camila smirked.

Maggie pushed Camila, knocking her off balance. Camila fell back, however Dinah immediately jumped up to stop her from hitting the ground.

Once Dinah had made sure Camila was okay, she protectively stood in front of Camila. Maggie had only felt more angry at the action.

Maggie immediately connected her fist with Dinah's jaw.

The sight that had caused many students in the cafeteria to gather around and pull out their phones.

Normani shot up from her seat and ran up to Dinah, examining her girlfriend's injury. She brushed her thumb over the spot where Maggie's fist had hit.

Dinah gave Normani a soft nod and smile, as she removed her girlfriend's hand away from her face. Sudden anger had filled her eyes, finally causing Maggie to step back.

Dinah pushed Maggie, the seat behind her caused her to fall on the ground. The tall Polynesian began to hover over the blonde, she clenched both of her hands into fists, and began swinging them both towards Maggie.

However, Dinah was pulled back by a force stronger than her. She caught herself when she was knocked off balance, to look up and see Lauren helping Maggie up.

Lauren turned around to face Dinah, her eyes now a dark shade of green, hinting the anger that was erupted in her. The green eyed girl had brought her face close to Dinah's, "don't fucking touch her ever again." She spat.

Camila stood there in shock,'did Lauren just defend Maggie?'

The students that had gathered around, soon dispersed back around the cafeteria.

Camila, Lauren, Dinah, Maggie, and Normani had all sat back down at the table. The tension was visible. Camila sat down next to Normani this time.

The three friends watched as Lauren studied Maggie's bruises and swollen eye.

"I can't believe you kids! Once again, it's you who cause an unnecessary scene. Come to my office, now." Principal Howard demanded, his loud voice catching them off guard.

All eyes in the room were now on the group.

Dinah, Normani, and Camila followed behind Maggie and Lauren as they got up.

"We're fucked." Dinah whispered to Camila and Normani.

__________

The silence in the room was awkward, to say at least.

Lauren continued to make sure Maggie was okay. Camila nervously fiddled with her fingers. Dinah held onto Normani's hand, as the couple were distracted by the loud noise of the clock ticking.

"I can't believe this. How do you idiots manage to get yourself in trouble... Everyday?!" The principal shouted, slamming his papers against his desk. He sighed and sat back, leaning into his seat.

"That's it! I can't take anymore of this. All five of you, suspended for a week." He sighed, pulling out papers from a stack and beginning to sign them.

"No wait, you can't suspend us! We'll do anything, please please." Normani begged, she let go of Dinah's hand and walked up to the desk.

Camila felt her stomach drop. She had never been suspended before. It was scary. What would her parents say? She was ready to run out the door and sob.

The man eyed Normani, questioningly raising his eyebrow. Seconds later, he began smirking.

"Since you seem to create so much drama in the cafeteria, you five will be making lunch for the entire school tomorrow. If any of you disagree, you can happily take the suspension instead." He offered, the smirk still visible on his face.

Lauren felt herself boil at the thought of cooking for the entire school, 'Who would even want to do that?'

"Thank you." Normani managed to say, however it was obvious she was still unsure about tomorrow.

The five of them had got up ready to leave, "oh and, if any of you even try to make a scene again, you will be expelled." The principal interrupted.

Camila, who was behind the group, nodded and followed the Dinah out the door.

____

A/N: this is really short but I'll update tomorrow.