22 (Part 1)

[Flashback]

"Alright kids, calm down," Mike chuckled, causing his three children to pause and sit down respectfully. He loved how disciplined his children were. It made him happy to see that someone listened to him, rather as a kid he never got that attention.

"Dad, Chris is picking his boogies again!" Taylor laughed, nudging her brother and causing him to blush due to confrontation.

Clara joined Mike and the children by the Christmas tree. She picked up her mug and took a sip from the hot beverage.

"My my Mikey, this hot chocolate is phenomenal!" Clara exclaimed, taking another sip of the hot beverage.

"Phenomenal indeed mother, dad is good!" Lauren laughed, playing with the loose strings on her PJs.

Lauren was only ten, but don't be fooled by her age, she was quite intelligent for a ten year old. Only Lauren could solve every math problem and already write an entire story in English class with only a few grammar mistakes.

"Alright, now babies, make a wish!" Mike exclaimed, looking up at the star on top of the Jauregui tree.

It was a Jauregui tradition that the family stays up until 12AM on Christmas Eve to make a wish. They believed the star at the topic of their tree specifically, was full of great power.

"Done," Lauren giggled, scrunching her nose her up.

Taylor opened her eyes and looked over at her sister, "what did you wish for?" She whispered.

"I wished to spend Christmas in a few years with the person I love, no matter what happens to either of us," Lauren spoke with full sincerity in her voice. She looked up at the top of the tree and smiled.

"You wasted your wish on a boy?" Taylor stuck out her tongue in disgust.

"Nope," Lauren proudly said, knowing her sister wouldn't understand.

"Uh, okay weirdo," Taylor giggled.