Chapter 9

I do not own Teen Wolf.
Obviously.

School had gone by fast today. I am now sitting in my room working on homework. I was finishing the third question on my chemistry homework when I heard a tapping on my window. Normal people wouldn't care if there was a quiet tapping on the window, but I hang out with werewolves and werewolf hunters so... I'm not that normal. I slowly walked over to my bed and grabbed the bat that Stiles gave me a while ago. I walked over to the window, yanked it open, and aimed at the person standing on the roof.

"Oh my god!" A male voice screamed falling back when he saw me with a bat. I turned on my light and saw Stiles through the window.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yelled throwing the bat on my bed.

"I wanted to see if you would come to Dereks apartment with me!" He exclaimed. Oh yeah, I should probably mention that Derek is MIA at the moment.

"Oh sorry." I said giggling.

"At least you're using the bat I gave you." He said smiling cause me to laugh more.

"Sorryyy!" I said. I stood up, ran over to him, and jumped into his arms.

"Oh my god!" He exclaimed, putting his hands anywhere he could so he could catch me. His hands landed on my butt.

"Hey!" I yelled laughing as he moved his hands to my thighs, his cheeks turning to a tomato red. "So, we going to Dereks?" I asked hopping down.

"Y-yeah." He stuttered. I laughed and threw my uggs on.

"Let's go." I said grabbing his hands and walking towards the door. We walked outside and hopped into his jeep. The car ride there was silent, probably because he still felt embarrassed about earlier. "Hey give you can go up, I'll be there in a minute." I told him when we parked.

"Okay." He said getting out of the jeep and walking to the door. I looked into the mirror and brushed my fingers through my hair. I haven't brushed it since this morning and it looks like a rats nest. I fixed the bandana in my hair and hopped out of the jeep. When I got up to Dereks apartment, all I heard was the end of a story Cora was telling.

"They were there for two days, waiting, hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us. Hide and heal." She said.

"Okay, so is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Dereks on, like, some extended getaway?" Stiles asked her.

"Why do you care?" Cora asked turning around and glaring at him.

"Why do I care? Let's see, because over the last few weeks, my best friends tried to kill himself." Stiles started.

"His boss nearly got ritually sacrificed." I added.

"A girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by alphas. I-"

"Do you want us to keep going? Cause we can, alright? For, like, and hour!" I exclaimed cutting Stiles off.

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" She asked us.

"Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, yeah." Stiles told her.

"I don't know. There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when we knew him." Cora said leaning against a table.

   "What was he like?" I asked her.

   "A lot like Scott, actually." Peter answered walking down the stairs. "A lot like most teenagers, unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers." Peter finished.