Chapter 18

I do not own Teen Wolf.
    Obviously.

  "Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails." Stiles said, pointing to the spot on his phone. We were currently showing Allison where we found the den.

  "Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails. But I think you're right about her not going back to the den. coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart. If the don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes." Allison explained.

  "Coyotes tip-toe?" Stiles asked.

  "They tip-toe." Allison said as the bell rang. "I got to go, but send me the pinned location." She said as we all sat down and I took my seat behind Stiles.

  "Alright everyone. Let's get started. We were talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail. Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?" Mr. Yukimura asked as half the class raised their hands. "Mr. Stilinski, how about you?"

  "Oh, maybe someone else could." Stiles said nervously.

  "Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski." Mr. Yukimura said.

  "Okay." Stiles muttered walking up to the front of the room. Stiles stared at the book but never said a word. He looked up at Scott and I and we could tell something was wrong. He looked like he was gonna collapse.

  "Stiles? You okay?" Scott said as we both stood up.

  "We should take him to the nurses office." I said to Mr. Yukimura, wrapping Stiles arm around my shoulder. Scott and I carried him down the hall to the boys restroom. He started stumbling all over the room before stopping at the sink, breathing heavily.

  "Stiles, look at me, man. Is this a panic attack?" Scott asked.

  "It's a dream. It's a dream. This is a dream." Stiles muttered.

  "No it's not. This is real. You're here. You're here with us. Okay, um, what do you do? I mean, like, how do you tell if you're awake?" Scott asked him.

  "Your fingers, you count your fingers. You have extra fingers in dreams." Stiles said.

  "Okay, how many do I have?" I asked him, holding my fingers up. "Hey! Look at me. Come on, Stiles. Look at my hands an count with me."

   "One. Two." He said as I held up two fingers but he stopped.

  "Keep going." Scott encouraged him.

  "Three. Four." He said.

  "Five." Scott said as he stopped again.

  "Six. Seven."

  "Eight." Scott said.

  "Nine. Ten." Stiles breathed out.

  "Ten." I said, smiling at him.

  "Ten." Scott said.

  "What the hell is happening to me?" Stiles asked, sliding down the wall and sitting down.

  "We'll figure it out. You're going to be okay." Scott said.

  "Am I? Are you? Scott, you can't transform. Allison's being haunted by her dead aunt. And I'm straight up losing my mind. We can't do this. We can't help Malia. We can't help anyone." Stiles said.

  "We can try." I told him.

  "We can always try." Scott finished just as the bell rang. "Oh no."