Chapter 26

I do not own Teen Wolf.
  Obviously.
"This is everything non-lethal that we could find." Allison said, walking into the room with Sheriff, Chris, and Derek behind her.

  "Take all of it." Chris said. I was just trying to have a normal sleepover with Allison, then this happened.

  "What's the plan here?" Sheriff asked.

  "Our best shot right now is for Derek to pick up Stiles' scent at Eichen House. Especially if he went through something stressful there." Chris said.

  "Should all five of us be going to the same place?" Sheriff asked Chris.

  "Where else has Stiles been showing up?" Chris asked him.

  "School, the hospital." Allison said.

  "Okay, hold on. We did this already. He disappeared, we started looking for him, then walked right into a trap at the hospital." Derek told us.

  "He's getting us to repeat the same moves." Chris said.

  "So, what do we do?" I asked them.

  "Wait for him to come to us?" Allison added.

  "We can't. Not if the Oni find him when the sun goes down." Derek said.

  "Scott's working on them right now, with Kira." Sheriff said.

  "That's her problem. We're all trying to out fox the fox." Chris explained.

  "Listen," Sheriff started. "I'll understand if anyone wants to back out." We looked at each other and shook our heads.

  "I'm not gonna be the first wolf to run from a fox." Derek said.

"Apparently, I'm carrying the light saber." Chris said, holding the taser.

"Dad, you and Derek hit Eichen House. Sheriff, it's you, Taylor, and me at the hospital. We all meet at the school." Allison said as we walked out of the room.

---

"I don't know how you guys do it. You're all so strong. You're fearless. Hell, you even manage to keep your grades up." Sheriff said, looking down as the elevator doors closed.

"I'm failing Econ." Allison sighed.

"Oh, is that Coach's class?" He asked. Allison and I nodded. "Well, I'll have a talk with him." Allison smiled, then stopped as tears pooled in her eyes. Sheriff stopped the elevator as I rubbed Allison's back. "Hey, you okay?"

"I'm not- I'm not fearless. I'm terr- I'm terrified. I'm always terrified." Allison cried. "I-I act like I know what I'm doing, but I don't. I don't know if Isaac is dying right now. I don't know if I made a mistake with Scott. I don't know what my dad is thinking. I don't know if we should trust Derek. I don't- I don't know anything." She cried. I hugged her as Sheriff pulled us both into a big hug.

"AlliCat, I'm scared too. My boyfriend, who might not even be my boyfriend anymore, is possessed by a dark spirit and now he's missing. We are all scared Ally." I sniffled into her shoulder.

"You know what's funny? You both sound like cops." Sheriff laughed. "Hey, you two are gonna be okay."

"Okay." I smiled at him.

"What's that?" Allison asked as his phone buzzed.

"Someone's breaking into my house. After Stiles started sleepwalking, I had some security precautions put in." He said, opening up an app on his phone and signing in. "Motion sensors. Cameras."

"Is that his room?" Allison asked as Sheriff zoomed in to a person sitting on the bed. Stiles was at the house. Stiles looked up and slowly waved at the camera.

---

"What is all this?" Chris asked as we walked into his room. The first thing all of us noticed was the chess board sitting out with all on our names on it. "What are the sticky notes for?"

"This is what Stiles used to try and explain to me about all of you." Sheriff explained.

"Well, maybe it's a message from Stiles." Allison said.

"The real Stiles." I added.

"You think there's any reason my name's on the King?" Derek asked.

"Well, you're heavily guarded. Though, I guess the alarming derail is that you're one move away from being in checkmate." Sheriff pointed out.

"It's not a message from Stiles. It's a threat from the Nogitsune." Chris said.

"He's at the loft. That's what he's trying to tell us." Allison explained.

"And he wants us to come there." Chris said.

"Night's falling." I said.

"This couldn't sound anymore like a trap." Chris said.

"I don't think it is." Sheriff argued.

"I think your opinion might be slightly biased, Sheriff." Chris sighed.

  "Hear me out," Sheriff started. "What we're dealing with here is basically someone who lacks motive. No rhyme, no reason, right?"

  "Meaning what?" Chris asked.

  "Our enemy is not a killer. It's a trickster. The killing is just a by-product." Sheriff explained.

  "If you're trying to say it won't kill us, I'm not feeling too confident about that." Derek said.

  "It won't. It wants irony. It wants to play a trick. It wants a joke." Sheriff said. "All we need to do is come up with a new punchline."

  "The sun is setting, Sheriff. What do you have in mind?"

   Hey guyssss!!!! Yayyyy another chapter!  Please comment what you thought!
    -Hannah<3