Wedding Changes

With a sigh, you stayed in your place on the bench, slightly hidden away from everyone else.

You watched as the guests came out of the ceremony where your wedding was supposed to be held, watching your -supposed to be-  husband Jake leave with some of his family, telling them that it was okay that you didn't want to marry him.

He was such a kind man, but your heart didn't belong to him, it belonged to someone else.

"Wait!" You heard the familiar voice of your best friend, Harry.

You looked up, seeing him stood near you, not noticing you as he looked in the direction of the wedding, watching all of the people getting into their cars.

"I'm too late, Liam! She's married!" He exclaimed and you watched as a panting Liam came running after him.

"Mate, I see Jake, but not her, are you sure?" He asked.

Liam knew about your love for Harry as you had confided in him, when you needed to talk someone.

"I-I don't know. I knew I should've came earlier and confessed my objection." He answered, running a frustrated hand through his hair.

"Harry?" You called, standing up from your place on the bench and he turned around, his eyes widening as he stood in his usual black skinny jeans and his black and white striped t-shirt.

He placed his pair of sunglasses on top of his headscarf that was wrapped around his head, his long hair resting on his shoulders.

"You look beautiful." He whispered, with a smile and Liam nodded.

"You do, Y/N." He smiled.

"Thank you both, but I didn't get married." You sighed, sitting back down on the bench as Harry came over to you, taking a seat next to you.

"I'll leave you both alone for a while." Liam commented, before retreating back to the car he and Harry came in.

"Y/N, I'm going to admit, I'm glad you didn't get married because I didn't think he was right for you." Harry spoke and you nodded, wiping your eyes as the tears threatened to fall, yet again.

Harry didn't like Jake much and when you told him that you were getting married, he said that he didn't want to come to the wedding as he didn't want to watch you marry someone, who wasn't good enough for you.

"Hey, don't cry. I'm sorry, that was insensitive of me, why didn't you get married? Did he do something?" Harry asked, defensively, wrapping an arm around you, comfortingly.

"No, he didn't do anything. He was so sweet about the whole thing, but my heart doesn't belong to him and I can't marry him, when my heart isn't in it for the long run." You explained and Harry's face lit up, before he went back to being serious.

"Oh, that's a shame. But, why did you agree to marry him, if you don't love him?" He questioned, rubbing my back, soothingly.

"Because I thought it would help me get over the person I do love, but it didn't and I feel terrible for putting him through that when I should've been honest with him from the start." You sobbed as Harry brought you into his chest.

"Shh, it's okay, you were confused. It happens to the best of us." He cooed.

"But it's for the best that you didn't get married." He added.

"But Harry, you don't understand, I can't be with the other person because he doesn't feel the same." You sobbed, refusing to tell him that it was him you were in love with.

"I was so sad that you didn't want to come to the wedding because I thought you would hate me for marrying someone you didn't think I should. You were right because I shouldn't have agreed to marry him." You sobbed and he sighed, shaking his head.