"I'll protect you."

I sat up in bed as I heard a crashing sound downstairs.

It's probably Harry, he's recording until late at the studio and he's probably just got in.

I checked my phone because if it's Harry he will have texted me to let me know he was on the way back. Nothing.

I heard another crash as I convinced myself it wasn't Harry.

I stood up quietly as I tiptoed downstairs, I didn't have a clue what I was doing but I took my phone with me texting Harry as I heard his phone go off in the kitchen. Did he leave it at home?

I quietly walked into the living room as I noticed the kitchen light on. My breathing increased as I thought about how the intruder could be so close.

I went towards the nearest lamp about to pick it up as the kitchen light went off and before I could comprehend what was happening I was being pulled away from the lamp as I screamed.

"I hope you weren't thinking of hitting me with that," Harry's husky voice spoke as he laughed, then letting me go and switching on the living room light.

"Harry! You terrified me!" I exclaimed, trying to calm my breathing.

"You text me saying you were scared and I thought you thought I was a burglar seeing as you went to pick up the lamp." He laughed as I pouted.

"Harry, you didn't have to turn the light off and do that to me." I whined.

"Aw, I'm sorry baby." He said, reaching for my waist and pulling me close to him.

I sighed into his shoulder as he hugged me tightly.

"Didn't you hear my phone go off?" He asked.

"Yes, but I just assumed you'd left it behind, I was scared." I said.

"Aw, well don't worry, I'll protect you and if that wasn't me i would have come straight home as soon as I got your text to protect you." He explained.

"But what if you didn't read the message or something?" I panicked.

Harry held me closer, rubbing my back gently.

"I'll protect you." He calmly spoke into my ear, making me immediately calm down and feel safer.

"Come on, bed." He smiled, turning off the light and taking my hand as we headed upstairs.

"I love you and I won't leave my phone behind in case you need me. If it makes you feel any better, I do check your texts as often as I can because I worry about you." He said, cupping my cheeks and kissing me passionately.

"Thanks Harry, I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please comment your thoughts <3

Lauren.xx