Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [6]

My sleep was awful, corrupted with memories of that night before I came here and the tragedy it ended in. So much red, so much blood and violence. Everything went wrong in a matter of seconds, and it was all my fault. I couldn't escape my nightmares as they played over and over again; they were so vivid. Selena's scream replayed in my mind repeatedly.

Then I wake up and have to carry on living in the nightmare. Alexander was sitting on the chair at the desk, just staring at me. I shuttered as I sat up to glare at the bed covers. I shouldn't have let him throw me around like... like he owned me. I should've fought back but I was in so much pain; I was hurting both physically and mentally.

I got up and was about to leave when Alexander took hold of my wrist, firmly, "get off me before you throw me onto something else." I hissed while jerking my hand free and walking off into unknown hallways of the house we were in.

I just wanted to be far from Alexander. I actually missed my parents, and going to school, and doing homework, I especially missed Selena...

"Woah, hey. What are you doing down here?" It was Leyton, who caught me as I stumbled into him while turning a corner.

"Nothing. Just wondering around."

"Where's the Prince?"

"Still in the room."

Leyton eyed me suspiciously as If he could read me like a book, like he knew exactly what I was feeling, "did something happen last night?"

"That doesn't matter. We're leaving." Alexander interrupted; he once again took my wrist.

"Don't you dare lay another finger on me again? Do you understand?" I tugged away from Alexander as I barged past him back in the direction I came.

In the car it was silent... that was until Jayden let out a slight chuckle, "you could cut this tension with a knife in here. What happened? Did somebody die?" He winked at me through the rear-view mirror.

"You better watch what you say to me," I warned, I wasn't taking anyone's shit today. After last night, and just being unable to get over what Alexander did and what Jayden did that he showed not an ounce of remorse for.

"Or what? She's dead now, just forget about her."

That was it. He had cut my last wire.

Before I knew it, I was pulling at Jayden's head and punching where I could reach. I screamed and huffed and cursed at him. I hated him! Leandra and Charlotte were screaming because Jayden was uncontrollably swerving the vehicle whilst being attacked and I still didn't care. I didn't stop.

Alexander forcefully yanked me back to my seat, wrapping his arms around me tightly,

"Get your hands off me!!" I screamed, still thrashing around in his grip.

"Take whatever problems you have on me, not on the driver to kill us all." Demanded the Prince shaking me back to reality.

I stopped and burst down in tears. The death of Selena finally hit me hard. I couldn't stop crying, even when I tried my hardest and I was beginning to get a headache as I felt myself being pulled into someone's chest for comfort.

I didn't know when I drifted off, but when I opened my eyes and looked to my left, I was in my bed, back at the castle, in pyjamas. I sighed as I just lay there.

I should've carried on fighting, and crashed the car, in the hope that Jayden would die, and I could avenge Selena's death. Why did I stop? Why did I do that?

No.

That's not what she'd want. What was I saying? That's not what I wanted either, what a crazy thing to think. I was losing my damn mind. I switched on the TV to distract myself.