Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [23]

The next day, me, Charlotte and Leandra were in the car on the way back to Medina's dress shop. She was behind the counter serving a customer who seemed to notice who I was as soon as she turned around. I didn't know her.

"You're princess Arianne aren't you?" She questioned while taking my hand and shaking it, "its an honour to get to meet you. You're a human I hear?"

I wasn't a princess yet, but I nodded, all the same, unsure of what to say.

Before I could answer Leandra stepped in front of the strange, curious lady, separating the two of us and she was hissing, "How do you know that she is a human? That's confidential to the Monaghan family and its relatives." She snarled. I couldn't see why Leandra was getting so defensive about the lady knowing I was human, what was the harm? Alexander told me that the vampires here wouldn't try to take my blood, so what was this one going to do? Hug me to death?

The lady smirked at Leandra and then to me, "my master will hear about this one, especially since she is the Prince's property." Then she disappeared.

I think this place, world, planet, or whatever Nox Aterrima was, had no real means of logic. How could people just appear and disappear as they did? Either that or they were far more advanced than we were. Nothing seemed futuristic though, apart from that teleporter Alexander had.

"What was that about?" Questioned Medina from behind the counter.

Leandra sighed, "I'm not too sure myself, I should tell Alexander when we get back though."

Medina nodded and placed down the book of designs on the countertop and pushed it forwards towards me, "If you see anything you like, just tell me, alright, darling? Take a seat and scroll through."

I nodded, took the book and went through the notebook of amazingly drawn dresses. All of which had front, and side views, and all of which were in colour. No wonder she was chosen to make to previous queen's wedding dress.

In particular, there was one dress than managed to catch my eye, I was definite it was the one I wanted, and it was perfect.

"That one caught your eye has it?" Medina was hovering over me with a large grin on her face, "that was one of my few favourites."

The dress was light grey in colour adorned with elaborate golden designs. I absolutely adored it! I didn't want to go any further, nor did I need to, because that was the one.

"This one. I love it." I held the book up to show Charlotte and Henrietta, a few of the other ladies in the shop came and surrounded me admiring the dress's beauty.

"Perfect!" Medina exclaimed standing me up, "we'll need to do some measurements, so if you'll just follow me to the changing rooms." She held her arm out to point me in the right direction and then put into one of the giant cubicles to get undressed to my underclothes.

I felt so awkward while being measured and when I exited my ears were still on fire.

"Better get used to it," Leandra smirked at me before patting my back. We said our good bye's to Medina before leaving back to the castle.

"We don't get to leave very often," I thought aloud.

"Ah, no, it's for now until after the wedding. Don't forget, you and Alexander have that public appearance soon," Charlotte grinned. "Are you not excited?"

"No!" I squeaked, "I hate being the centre of attention, especially if there's a crowd and they're all watching me." My heart began racing at the thought.

"Hey, you kissed Alexander yet? You two have known each other for a few months now. Even if you were taken against your will, I know you still find him attractive." Leandra gave me a cheeky wink.