Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [39]

The following day I was sat down in front of the camera crew in a plain white room beside Alexander.

"2 minutes to live time. Ok, when we start recording just act natural: a bit bubblier and more smiley than usual. Ok?" The man behind the main camera said.

Alexander took hold of my sweaty palm and grinned at me. "It doesn't matter if you screw up. I'll cover for you. It's not like I'm not used to the camera's anyway."

I nodded stiffly. I felt as nervous as when I had to walk and sit in front of those crowds at people at my first appearance in the centre of Nox Atterima. I was going to have to get used it though, wasn't I? After all, I was going to become the queen in the future.

"Is it going to be live?" I questioned.

"Only in Nox Aterrima. Other countries will have the edited version a few days later."

A man with perfect black curly hair and shocking grey eyes sat before us with a few cards in his hands. "Your Highnesses." He bowed towards us before sitting down. "It's an honour to be interviewing you both today."

"You too. What's your name?" Alexander replied.

"My name is Kurt Thymble, your highness."

"Just call me Alexander."

Kurt nodded and smiled, showing off his perfect white teeth; he oozed charisma.

The guy from earlier silenced everyone down and then gave the thumbs up and signalled to the cameramen to begin recording.

"Greetings to all of our viewers. Here I am interviewing the very Prince of Nox Aterrima, and his beautiful soon to be wife, Arianne." The man smiled again, directing it towards me this time. "Tell me, Alexander, how this all came to be. What exactly happened for you to end up with a human girl to be your bride."

15 minutes of remaining pretty much silent apart from odd 'yes' or smile of agreement. It was an advertisement, and then, it was my turn to be interviewed by Kurt.

"So, miss Arianne Rosalina Dewynters," he began, "what do you think of this whole arranged marriage? What was your reaction when you found out?"

"Well, as you'd probably guess, I was extremely shocked. I'd been through a lot the previous night and that just... it was a lot to take in at first."

Kurt nodded in agreement. "It's not every day you get told you're going to marry a prince and you have no say, is it? Bearing in mind he's a vampire! What did you think of that? How long did it take Alexander to tell you? We all know how secretive he likes to remain."

"He told me almost straight away. I was sceptical for a while. My best friend had been killed in front of me the previous night. Him being a vampire wasn't as shocking as what I had witnessed already."

"Oh yes, I heard about that. Prince Austin of Drecott announced it, he held a memorial service for her."

"He did?" I questioned in a shocked, almost angry tone. Not at Austin, at Alexander for not telling me, whether they liked each other or not.

There was a memorial and I didn't get to go? I couldn't even attend the funeral.

Alexander squeezed my hand a little before smiling slightly. "I could've sworn I told you." He gave me a warning look as if to not say anything to embarrass ourselves on tv.

"Probably," I answered flatly. Who knows what would happen if I argued with Alexander live on tv.

"And Prince Austin, rumour has it that you once dated him. How did that happen? Are you just a prince magnet or something?" Kurt joked.