Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [53]

Sitting down on a table beside Charlotte at the far left of the class, I tapped my fingers on the desk waiting for the teacher. Thinking about the situation did annoy me slightly, I was 18, I didn't need to go to school anymore. But then again, I didn't get to finish my final year of education anyway.

In the class, there were only about twenty of us; two people on each desk. I wasn't sure what lesson it was, there were no decorations on the wall and Charlotte wouldn't tell me.

After five minutes of waiting and getting impatient, the door slowly opened to a face I most certainly recognised. It was Leandra! She made her way behind the desk, placed down her work, and began to write her name on the board. "Miss Underwood" and then "Human History"

I turned to Charlotte, my face frozen in shock. Leandra was going to be one of my teachers. That was the surprise Charlotte was talking about earlier.

"I suppose you know a fair amount about human history, Arianne?"

When I noticed Leandra was addressing me, my ears flamed. I always hated being called out in class. "A little, I guess."

"British History?"

"They only really taught us British History at my old school."

She nodded before loading a PowerPoint over onto the smart board and commencing the lesson.

Somehow Leandra managed to make history exciting, something I had never experienced before. Introducing secondary storylines for kings and queens, to help us remember, rhymes and jokes. I didn't know history could be so exhilarating, I enjoyed it. Which was definitely a new experience.

Next lesson was maths after that was chemistry and then it was lunch. By then I was starving. School wasn't physically tiring, but it was mentally. When when I was mentally tired, I also tended to be hungry.

I sat back outside, towards the cliff edge on a wooden park bench. Hearing the sea wash up against the cliff base and seagulls cawing above, it was so calming. The school was so beautiful.

Wooden park benches were dotted around the area of thick emerald grass. Mats were placed in areas to sit on where there was space and there were tables outside with things like fruits, cold drinks and snacks. There was a strange atmosphere, it was very laid back for a school, nonetheless, I wasn't complaining.

Talking about complaining got me thinking of how Alexander was doing, and even what he was doing. What was happening in Nox Aterrima that was so bad he had to wake me up in the night and send me here? Second of all did he already have me planned to come here?

I started to feel bad again, I hardly said a single word to Alexander the previous night. I was so stubborn. We didn't know how long it'd be before we saw each other again and Alexander was doing his best to comfort me in my little ball of unnecessary rage. He probably felt awful, I know I did.

Alexander's POV

A month had passed, and I'd had next to no sleep at all. I had been keeping track of the news. The people of Nox Aterrima were fighting, and so were The people of Drecott who came to attack us.

Smoke was clouding the skies from the damaged buildings, shouts and cries could be heard, helicopters flew hauntingly over the wreckage. Yet there I was, sat uselessly glued to my TV screen, unable to leave the castle until it was totally necessary. I was glad I sent Arianne away when I did otherwise there was no way she would've got out.

A man entered my office in a rush and bowed to me. "Your Highness," he began before catching his breath. "It's obvious we're going to lose this war. Prince Austin's people are trained fighters they're using weapons of all kinds and we're still doing hand to hand. We should give Austin what he wants-"