Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [20]

Jayden was slightly ahead of me as we walked back to our rooms at the end of lunch, he probably knew I was there behind him being a vampire and all. They have an impeccable sense of smell.

"So... you and Henrietta, eh?" I goaded.

He turned back to frown at me and slowed down so we walked at the same pace, "God no, she's the last girl on my mind!" He exclaimed, "why?"

"I saw the way you two were flirting, don't try and lie to me." I wiggled a finger towards his face and he lifelessly pushed it away, looking both irritated and embarrassed.

"Alright so maybe..." I could've sworn I saw a tint of pink dust his cheeks, "she's alright when she gets used to you."

"Ha! She'll never get used to me."

Anyway, what has it got to do with you that I may like her? You jealous?" He teased, nudging me.

I scoffed and made fake gagging sounds. Hopefully, that was enough of an answer for him. Karma deserved to beat my ass with every object it could find if I even got the slightest crush on this guy after what he did. Being decent people to one another was one thing, but anything past that would just be asking for something bad to happen. I could never.

"Jayden- oh Arianne, what's going on here?" Questioned Leyton suspiciously.

"Nothing, your brother is just being an idiot as usual." Jayden waved goodbye at me with a smirk as I hurried off.

I had nothing to hide, I just didn't think Alexander would be too comfortable with me and Jayden being friends. Those two didn't seem to bond well and especially since Alexander actually thinks (or knows) Jayden likes his sister. Their personalities clashed far too much and I thought it would be pouring gas onto the fire a little.

*

Within the next couple of weeks, I was out shopping for a wedding dress with Charlotte and Leandra, we had been to seven shops so far and none of the dresses suited my likings. I didn't care too much about what my dress would look like, but, then again I kind of did. All of the dresses were either far too extravagant for my taste or just looked too normal. I was constantly being reminded that it was a royal wedding and that I did need to go over the top a little to make it memorable.

"You know what Arianne?" Began Charlotte when she finally realised I was beginning to get sick of being shown dresses, "how about we just get you a custom made dress? We'll have the same dress designer who designed Alexander's mother's wedding dress. She'll draw you like a whole notebook of idea's with mini creations to give you and you can just choose which one you prefer."

I nodded, "alright, how long will it take to get there?" I asked getting and up and stretching my arms out in front of me. I was so tired, and hungry, and generally bored. This wasn't really how I planned this day would be. Trying on dresses was supposed to be fun. Instead, I was sweating, with a sore back after having to contort my body to get into some of them.

"It's about a forty-minute drive from here."

When we arrived at the lady's dress shop, I was greeted with a large embrace from her, "you must be the lucky girl, am I right?" She had long white hair and bright yellow eyes. All the same, she was surrounded by a friendly and warm aura. I immediately took a liking to her.

"Yes, she is. Arianne here was the last girl on the Prince's list, and she's the best girl he's had at the castle, Medina." Answered Leandra.

"She is beautiful. I have some amazing designs coming to mind! I'll have everything ready by tomorrow." Medina rushed behind her counter and took out a small a5 sketchbook, some pens and began to frantically draw. She seemed almost in a trance as he focused hard on her creations.

Was she actually going to finish a whole book of designs with mini-figures of dresses all in one night? That was impossible unless they were just drafts. But what about the mini figurines, wouldn't they themselves take a hell of a long time?

"Alright thanks, we'll be back tomorrow then." Leandra gave a slight wave. Both me and Charlotte said our goodbyes as we left and drove back to the castle.

By the time we got back it was almost nine in the evening, and this time, Alexander wasn't there waiting for us in annoyance.

"I'm gonna go look for Alexander. Thanks for taking me out today. I'll see you two later." I dismissed myself and went off to find the Prince, who I found in his little office.

I knocked and entered sheepishly, "hey."

He smiled and looked up from his book he was reading, "oh, you're back already? Did you see anything to your likings?"

I shook my head and leant on the side of Alexander's desk, "Charlotte and Leandra decided to have a lady called Medina design me some dresses and stuff, so we're going back there tomorrow."

He nodded, "she designed my mother's dress when her and my father got married."

"Charlotte told me." I grinned, "she must be some professional to do so much work in one night though. What about you? Aren't you going to shop for your clothes?"

"Nah, Jayden and Leyton are gonna go do that for me, after you've bought your dress, so our colours will match. You know?"

"Yeah."

"So, what did you come for?"

"To talk."

"Alright well, you know those books you tried to smuggle out of the library a while ago?"

The books that he took from me and put at unreachable heights before locking the library with a key. I had actually forgotten about them in all honesty, after all my efforts in finding them and I just forgot like that. Was he finally going to let me read them?

"Yeah I remember," I peered at him waiting for what he was going to say.

He held out the library key in front of me with a sneaky expression making its way onto his face, "I'll give you an hour to try to find the books if you don't then you'll just have to wait again. Deal?"

"But you put them on top of the bookshelves."

"I spread them out a little, so you better not be afraid of heights and better be able to climb pretty well or you're not getting those books."

"Alright then," I clasped my hands together eagerly, "and what happens to you when I get the books?"

"What do you mean?"

"If I don't get the books, you'll hide the books again. However, if I do get them..."

"We won't need to discuss that, you're not going to get all of them. Come on." He got up and walked down the hallway to the library with me following closely behind.

He opened the door which squeaked painfully, Alexander scrunched up his nose, "I hate the way this place smells, I don't understand why you had stayed here so long."

I shrugged, "I like it."

"Alright go, I'm timing you."

I hurried onto one of the ladders, climbed to the highest point of the bookshelf, stepped onto the ledge of one of the shelves and began my long search.

There were 30 seconds left as Alexander had just warned me and I had one more book to go, but it was way out of my reach and pretty high up from the next ledge. This bookshelf was the highest of all, bearing in mind that the ceilings in the castle were all about twice the size of your average ceiling. I was so close to the top but the book was just out of my reach, if I wanted it, I'd have to jump slightly, and it felt like the ledge wanted to give way at my feet. I needed to hurry!

I hurled myself up, grabbed the book, but I didn't have any grip on the wood and I fell...onto something pretty soft- more like someone.

Alexander.

"Time's up." He sighed a sigh of relief, "that was close, eh?"

I couldn't look at Alexander directly in the eyes, he was so close I could feel his warm breath blow against me at every word. Eventually, I did look, and consequently, I couldn't look away. We locked eyes, and only then, did I truly notice how amazing his eyes were. Not once had I been that close to him.

Our heads moved closer and closer to one another's and then...