Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [34]

I slowly cracked open the door to reveal an empty rocking chair swaying backwards and forwards at a steady rate. All that was in the room was the rocking chair, an old king-sized bed with a rotting mattress and an open window with only half a side of drapes.

"The master bedroom. This is where the parents had their throat slits and were then chopped up into tiny pieces. Their dog found these pieces and ate them." Alexander commented as he analyzed the rotting room.

"You've done your research," I smirked.

The chair slowed down to a complete halt the nearer me, Alexander and Sabrina got to it.

The door slammed leaving us with a haunting echo. I let out a jagged breath before locating myself at the head of the bed on the left side. There was a rotting, brown bedside table with a half-open draw.

I peered suspiciously into the open draw and caught a glimpse of something white.

"Have you seen something, Arianne?" I heard Alexander's footsteps get louder and louder as he approached me from the other side of the bedroom. I nodded slowly as I pulled the draw towards me to reveal an off-white sealed envelope.

The sound of smashing glass echoed around the room.

I snapped my head in the direction of the smashed item to see the head of a broken porcelain ballerina. Almost immediately the draw slammed its self-shut locking in the envelope and window began to rattle.

"Sabrina what did you do?" Alexander snapped in annoyance.

"I didn't do anything! It just broke!" Sabrina exclaimed in defence.

Sabrina's head snapped into the direction of the now shut window and her eyes widened. I looked over to see what she was so surprised about.

What's she doing in these parts?

Don't make us come and eat her heart.

We'll tear her fragile body in parts

as we warned you from the very start;

For if you break a single thing;

We'll tear your body limb from limb

You'll try to run you'll try to scream

For our warnings, you did not heed.

My heartbeat began to pick up speed and so did my breathing.

Alexander swiped the red text with his finger and tasted it. His eyes momentarily flashed red before returning to purple.

"Pureblood. It seems the past inhabitants have taken other lives." Alexander muttered. "Alright, I think we should go look at another room. They don't seem to like us being in here."

"I don't like it here, Alex. Can we leave?" Sabrina asked in a shaky tone.

"No. Not yet. Just wait and stop being a scaredy-cat." Alex answered in a dismissive tone.

"I'm not being scared I'm being smart!" She retorted.

He smirked, "whatever, scaredy-cat."

We followed Alexander down the hallway on the opposite side of the stairs to the one we were in, there were considerably fewer rooms, and this one had a lot more moonlight than the other one strangely enough.

Alexander and Sabrina walked ahead as I gazed out of the window that faced onto the backyard that was layered with fog and had a few dead, old trees. As my eyes were scanning across the awful scenery, they caught on to a black shadow between two small trees at the farthest side of the garden.

I knew the black shadow was no vampire because vampires' eyes glow in the dark.

"Arianne, come look at this," Alex called to me from one of the rooms.

"Y-yeah, one second."

When I looked back the black shadow had disappeared. I let out a jagged breath to try and calm myself down as I went to room Alexander called me from.

There was no one in the room. I looked around to see if he was hiding anywhere, but the room was empty. I sighed and was about to head out when the door slammed shut. I rolled my eyes and tugged on the door nob before realising it was jammed shut.

Consequently, my tugging caused the nob to detach from the door. I stared at it in my hand as a cold draft blew past me, giving me goosebumps. I cursed under my breath.

Whatever game was being played by Alexander, I didn't like it.

I slammed my palms on the door yelling to be let out until the began to tingle painfully. I heard fast footsteps approach from the behind the door.

"Arianne, are you ok in there?"

"Obviously not! Let me out. This isn't funny." I scolded.

"This wasn't me."

"Well you called me in here, and I know how fast you can move."

"Yeah, well, this wasn't me. Move from behind the door."

I stood at the far side of the room as Alexander made numerous attempts to knock down the door.

From the left side of the wall, from underneath a painting, I could see black smoke beginning to emerge. It wasn't fire because I couldn't smell anything burning. It flew past me before landing in a clump before me. I pressed myself against the wall. That thing was definitely not normal smoke and it began to get closer to me.

"Alexander, hurry up! There's something in here." I pleaded, edging away from the black smoke.

Suddenly, I was pulled over by a strong force, banging my head on the window ledge. I winced and looked down to my feet to see a pale white hand, emerging from the smoke, grabbing my ankles.

There were two black smoke clouds. They retreated into the middle of the room and began to shift into the form of humans. What the hell was happening.

In front of me were two blonde twins, they seemed to be a couple of years younger than me, they were covered in dirt and their clothes were filthy and torn. The two girls gave me creepy smiles as they once again approached me.

"We could do with a new friend here. You were so stupid to come here on a Halloween night, and expect to leave alive and well. Not. A. Chance." One of them said menacingly.

I stood myself up. A lump formed in my throat, restraining my voice from calling Alexander.

"Grab her arms. We'll throw her out of the window. Hopefully, she'll come back to life." The same girl ordered her sister.

My eyes widened at the pair as my heart rate began to speed up. Was this happening? Why was I so unfortunate? What did everyone want with me? I ran past the two girls and began banging on the door and screaming for Alexander to help me.

By then, Everyone was behind the door.

The blonde twins cackled and they grabbed me and led me over to the window ledge and sat me on it. I screamed as we hovered over the ground. We were at least three stories high and I was being dangled in the air by my feet.

"Why do you want me dead?" I screamed.

"We need a new playmate. Simple as. See you in the morning." They cackled once more before there was complete silence.