Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [27]

When I woke up the next morning, I panicked not realising where I was and attempted to run but ended up getting my foot trapped in the duvet and face planting into the freezing, hard, laminate flooring.

I groaned heavily in pain and in annoyance. I was laying on both of my arms and If I attempted to move I'd probably break my neck or something ridiculous like that.

"Why do wake up so- woah!" I felt Alexander sit up beside me, it was silent for a few seconds before he burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Shut up and help me!" I demanded.

"Oh my god. You're so clumsy!" He just about managed to get in. If I didn't know any better he probably had tears in his eyes and was clutching his sides.

"And you're dumb. Get me up!"

"Alright."

His foot connected with my upper thigh and sent me flying off the bed. He kicked me off of the bed was he crazy?!

"Alexander Monaghan, I am going to murder you," I threatened through gritted teeth.

He disappeared out of the bed. This guy was testing my patience.

"Try it," he whispered in my ear.

I turned around instantly and he was gone.

"You're going to need to try harder if you want to catch me." I heard him tease from somewhere around the room.

For about five minutes he spent the time popping up and poking me or something to irritate me and then disappearing before I could even react properly.

That was before I managed to punch him in the face. I smirked as I stood over Alexander, he swiped his lip to make sure he wasn't bleeding and then also smirked. He took a few steps towards me so he was towering over me and put his hands on both of my arms.

"You have quite a punch there, and pretty good reflexes when you're annoyed. I still can't take you seriously after the state you were in earlier," his lips began to twitch. He better not laugh again, "however, you're going to need some professional lessons to protect yourself...as a human."

"Number one, I've been here for about six months, why didn't I get them earlier? Number two, why?".

His smirk disappeared and he paced back and forwards, "Leandra told me that Prince Austin has sent spies to maybe try to kidnap yu, or maybe just to put me on edge. Whatever the case, I can't have you getting kidnapped now, can I?"

I shrugged and smiled, "I've already been kidnapped once, how bad can it be?"

"No this guy, he's nothing like me. He's a real jerk. Trust me. I really hate him,"

I laughed, "you're so immature, anyway, I won't get myself kidnapped. I'm going back to sleep, your clock says it 5:28 am."

He smirked at me in amusement, "don't fall out of bed again."

"Don't kick me out of your bed again. Secondly, this isn't going to be a habit, I'm sleeping in my own bed tonight, I'm just too lazy right now."

"Hm, whatever."

I stuck my tongue out and jumped back into bed. It was so soft and warm, no wonder I didn't realise when I fell asleep!

"Oh my god. You're kidding right?"

I opened my eyes to see Alexander stood at his door talking to Leandra. I had fallen asleep again without realising. Damn...

"Yeah, he came during the night, he's not staying too far from here actually."

I watched the two carefully and didn't make a move, I didn't want them to stop talking in case it was a private conversation they were having and didn't want me to hear. I was so curious to find out who they were discussing. Alex didn't sound too pleased.

"Do you know what he wants?"

"No not yet, but don't let it worry you. You and Arianne are going to be heading out to Contrix Bay. So wake her up and send her to her room to get ready, I've set some clothes out on her bed, when she, and yourself are ready we can leave."

"She's already awake."

My eyes widened as I shot up. Damn. Stupid vampire senses!

"Well, you heard her Arianne. Get out."

I narrowed my eyes at him the whole time I climbed out of bed and walked out. He pulled me back for a hug just before I was about to pass his door.

"Well look at this, one minute you guys can't stand each other and the next thing I know you're sleeping together," Leandra winked at me in the arms on Alex.

I shook my head, "It's not like that. I just fell asleep while we were hanging out."

She continued to smirk, "I don't think you know this, but my room is right next to Alexander's. I heard pretty much everything this morning, and then you went back to sleep, in Alexanders bed."

Leandra laughed at me walking away awkwardly.

On my bed in my room was a black pencil skirt, a red short-sleeved shirt, some black creepers and a black tie looking thing that I assumed I was supposed to tie into a bow around my neck as a choker.

I got washed, dressed, did my hair and makeup, and went down to the entrance where I met up with Leyton, Charlotte and Leandra. No sign of Alexander or Jayden.

"Ah you're ready, you look perfect," Leandra complimented. "Alexander should be down soon. Jayden won't be joining us."

"Why?"

"Jayden is locked in his room. He went and overdosed on the blood last night and gave in to his instincts so he's gone crazy. He'd kill you if he got loose so he's locked away." Leyton answered calmly.

Alexander came down the stairs two steps at a time and stopped beside the door, "so he was stupid enough to let his instincts get the better of him again, huh?" He shrugged it off, "let's go."

The journey to Contrix Bay was a nice, smooth drive. We were heading along the mountain roadsides of Nox Atterima that had grassy slopes down into the sky blue ocean. It was a beautiful sight to see. It was like one of those advertisements for tropical islands.

The limousine parked in front of the enormous pier and let us out. A large crowd was gathered outside of a clothing shop.

Alexander took my wrist and pulled us through the crowds to the front. He stopped and cursed under his breath. Whoever it was at the centre of the crowd had their back faced towards, and he seemed pretty famous and important as he had bodyguards either side of him.

"Who is he?" I questioned curiously.

"That would be Prince Austin."

He was the one Leandra mentioned, the one whose advisor approached me in Medina's dress shop.

The prince turned around almost suddenly and his soft eyes landed on mine. My whole body froze when I realised exactly who he was. He smirked and licked along his top row of teeth. I couldn't believe my eyes, I had to have been hallucinating! It couldn't have possibly been real.

"Arianne, are you ok?" Alexander's voice was lost in the wave of thoughts crashing around my head.

Prince Austin sauntered over to us, ignoring the crowd, his eyes remaining targeted on my own.

"My, my, my! What a surprise this is, don't you think? I came to buy some more slaves. It's true what they say, the slaves in Nox are the best around."