Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [43]

So after we did a crazy amount of shopping the discreetness of our disguises, we were on our way home. And by then it was already 6 pm. Time had flown by so quickly.

We needed to return to the castle as we needed to change into the appropriate attire we had just bought and we needed a more suitable car to turn up in. We couldn't just turn up in casual clothing, beanies, SnapBacks and sunglasses, looking tired and worn out and driving a land rover. Not unless we wanted to look like idiots, and possibly be denied entry.

We all went off in pretty much separate directions, heading for our rooms, except me and Jayden, whose rooms happened to be pretty nearby each other. So of course, we walked together.

"How's being nice to everyone for a change?" I asked smugly.

"It sucks, and it's boring. I don't know how you guys do this." He sighed. "But I fight it and think if I want to hook up with Henrietta, I gotta keep it in my mind and not in my mouth. This is probably the only time Alex will let me date her."

"He thinks you can't do it, that's why. I don't think you can, and technically, you've already failed." I answered.

"What?" He retorted in disbelief. "When?" Jayden stood in front of me, and wouldn't let me pass him until I answered him.

"Back at the blood bank, when you commented about my underwear. However, because I'm so nice, I decided to let it slip."

"That was a joke!" He exclaimed. "What, can't I be funny? Are you guys trying to wipe away my whole personality-" Jayden paused for a second and let a slight smirk play on his lips. "I'll still have my looks though, it's not all that bad."

I rolled my eyes and squeezed past Jayden, continuing my journey to my room. He was so vain it wasn't even laughable. "So you'd rather just be good looking than have a personality?"

He hurried to catch up with me before answering. "I never said that. I said I wouldn't mind being just left with my looks if my personality got taken."

"That's stupid," I answered flatly. I could see my room door just ahead, about 50m away. If I power walked I could make it there in no time, and excuse myself from the ridiculous conversation I was having with Jayden.

"Here's your room milady." Jayden stopped outside of my door and held it open for me.

"Thanks," I answered flatly before closing the door behind me.

I sighed and put the bags I was carrying down at the foot of the bed. Compared to everyone else, I had hardly bought anything, but I still had about nine bags full of clothes, and shoes and accessories for myself.

I went into my bathroom and began to run the shower as I undressed. When I felt it was warm enough, I got in.

After I got out, I blow-dried my hair until it was back to its usual, curly state, and then tied it up into a messy bun while I put on my makeup and jewellery, not forgetting to put on the beautiful engagement ring Alexander had bought me.

I then went to get dressed. Putting on a gold fitted dress that reached just above my knees, it had lace 3/4 sleeves and a cute white collar. I slipped on some heeled black ankle boots with small gold bows on the back.

After adding the finishing touches to my hair and makeup, I grabbed a black jacket from in my wardrobe and made my way down to the front entrance where we'd all meet each other.

They were all already there and waiting for me. I was late, by 15 minutes, which wasn't so bad, I guess.

We got into the white limo that was waiting in front of the entrance doors, an old man was holding the door open for us.