Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [33]

The following month and it was Halloween, and me Alexander, along with his younger family members and his four associates; Leandra, Leyton, Charlotte and Jayden were all going Trick or treating.

We weren't doing it in Nox Aterrima. We were going to do it at home, but not my home, not even in the same country. We were off to America, a random location in San Fransisco.

Apparently, the more people that were teleported to a far location, the less accurate the teleporter would be. And as a top-quality teleporter was only in possession by the Vampiric government, there were nine of us and the maximum accuracy limit was eight people. According to Alexander, it was still safe to travel.

All nine of us went down the creepy pitch-black hallway to the teleporter room. The powder down below the teleporter began to change to varying colours.

"We're gonna mess up the teleporter this way. Everyone change into your vampire forms." Alexander called from the control panel in a flat tone. He was facing away from us and rapidly pressing different buttons.

Almost instantly, everyone's fangs around me grew slightly longer, their eyes turned bright crimson and their skin lost colour.

"Aren't you excited Arianne? You look really pretty to say you're dressed as a blood-covered zombie," Sabrina smiled over at me.

"I'm really excited. This'll be my second time going trick or treating."

She gasped, "no way!"

I grinned at her, "yep. I wasn't allowed to go trick or treating, but I snuck out once."

"Would've preferred that I took you out for your first trick or treating," Alexander began while wrapping his arms around my waist. "But it's your first time here, so I guess that's near enough."

Everyone huddled up closer in the centre of the circular teleporter as the room began to glow an eerie red. I clamped my eyes shut and rest my head on the front of Alexander's left shoulder.

When I opened my eyes we were all in a cramped alleyway that was between two large houses.

"Alright, no one wanders off. No biting. No insulting and no threatening. Ok?"

Everyone nodded silently as we made our way out onto the pavement.

The girls were dressed as zombie school girls covered in fake blood, whereas the boys were dressed in ripped skinny jeans, ripped white shirts and black ties. They were also covered in blood.

"Let's go then."

A gust of cold air brushed over my partially exposed legs. It didn't bother me. All I wanted to do was go from door to door collecting candy, and collecting the most.

The first door we knocked on was opened by a man who looked to be in his late thirties. "My, my. What wonderful costumes you all have. I think that deserves extra chocolate."

Around an hour later and Alexander announced we were going to a 'special' house. No one apart from him knew what this 'special' house was, but it was on top of an extremely steep hill. It had no actual road or pavement, it was just hard soil surrounded by leafless trees.

"Did you know the paranormal activity is real?" Questioned Alexander out of the blue.

"The movie?"

A confused look appeared on his face, "Didn't know there was a film. But no, just paranormal activity in general."

"I did!" A boy called Sebastian jumped up and grinned at both me and Alexander, revealing his cute little fangs "At grandfather's antique shop, objects always move and break. One time, an old vase began levitating, and then when I called grandfather in, it fell and broke... I got blamed for it."

"I hate that place. Everything is haunted there, that's why they're there." Alexander pressed the bell on the gate and it opened automatically with a painful screech. I cringed slightly.

As I looked up I saw the house. It towered over us and looked as if it was in the state of collapse. The once brown planks of wood were now black, cracked and almost overlapping each other.

The cool air smelt damp and there was a thin layer of fog above the weather vane

Alexander cleared his throat, "paranormal activity exists, and it exists within these grounds. I thought it'd be the best place to eat our candy while being scared shi-"

"-Out of your pants. Scared out of your pants, he means." I nudged Alexander and pointed at the little kids among us.

He smirked and rolled his eyes. "Anyway, no one run away, don't break anything and don't scream. Got it?"

Everyone nodded.

"Good."

As we all stood on the front porch the doors opened to reveal a large area that was directly in front of a flight of marble stairs that split off into two opposite directions. On the floor, we were on there four doors and two hallways. Two doors on either side of the stairs.

"We'll be going around in three's. One kid per two of us elders. So, Jayden and Sebastian, you're with me. Arianne and Alexander, you'll have Sabrina. And Leandra and Leyton, you two will be with Romeo." Charlotte announced.

"I'm not one for frights," I admitted sheepishly.

Alex snaked his arm around my waist. "You have a vampire guarding you. Don't worry. If I fail then we'll die together. What about that for a Romeo and Juliet love story?"

"Alexander you're so dumb. Romeo killed himself because he thought Juliet was dead and when she woke from her slumber and found Romeo dead she killed herself. Get your facts straight."

"Shut up, Sabrina." Alexander ruffled her hair. "Let's split up and explore. Try not to get yourself injured, and Arianne I'll try to keep you alive." He winked at me.

Sabrina hooked arms with me as the three of us travelled upstairs.

The was no light apart from the light coming from the moon and the odd times when Sabrina and Alex's would glow red.

There were so many doors, the majority of which were locked. But there was one main one at the end of the hall that I was suddenly drawn to.

An abnormal humming sound was emerging from the crack under the door and I just had to find out what it was. It was a low, continuous hum of the same note. I hurried ahead and cautiously opened the door to reveal the culprit behind the mysterious humming.