Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [32]

"Chumana, eh? I forgot that sly little dragon was down there?" The king massaged his beard.

"Little? Are you crazy? She's enormous!"

The table erupted with laughter.

"There's a lot you have to learn about this place. Chumana is nowhere near as large as other dragons, and she's probably one of the most well-mannered protector dragons that has ever existed. Consider yourself lucky she didn't fry you in a second though." A devilish smile appeared on the King's face.

I gave an uneasy laugh.

Alexander winked at me, "they're getting used to you now."

I nodded, "slightly. Um, did you mean what you said earlier?"

"When I said what?"I felt my ears began to heat up, I diverted my gaze down to the centre of my empty bowl. "Oh, when I said I loved you?"

I nodded.

"Of course I meant it."

Never once had it crossed my mind that we would be saying we loved each other so soon. I didn't even think that I'd ever come to love him honestly. He was such a jerk, sometimes he was very rude and sometimes he seemed like he just didn't want me around. I guess it took me a long time to realise that that was just how he was. He didn't have to be nice to me. I would've been angry as well.

Although, I was extremely happy I hadn't ended up in the hands of any other vampire. Who knows how they could've treated me?

"Servants, bring in the dessert! I'm hungry again!"

Soon the room was swarmed with maids with trolleys of all sorts of deserts. I couldn't understand how they could eat all they ate earlier and still be hungry. It was insane!

I chose to just take a small number of bananas and vanilla ice cream drizzled with golden syrup. If I wasn't so full I would've had another bowl full, that was my new favourite dessert by far!

When I was done everyone was still eating.

While Alexander was busy chatting away to Joseph and Leyton, a maid came past a planted a piece of folded paper beside me. It was a note from someone.

Meet me at the entrance to the library when we're finished here.

Who the heck? Who wanted to see me and what for? No one at the table was making eye contact with me and I couldn't imagine who would want me. Why wouldn't they just tell me in person in the first place?

At the end of dinner, I made my way to the library but no one was in sight, I waited for around five minutes before I saw Jayden slowly coming in my direction with his hands in his pockets.

"Follow me," he stated as he continued to walk past.

"What's going on?"

"Just follow me."

I sighed and followed his orders.

Before I knew what was happening we were outside and heading out towards the city. I didn't bother saying anything because I knew he'd have a reasonable excuse for taking me out of the castle. Well... I hoped he did.

We stopped at a park and sat on the grass.

"I wanted to talk about us," he said flatly.

"What do you mean?"

"What do you think I mean? What's going on between us? Are we just friends, are we a thing?"

I shot my eye contact down to the grass I was sat on and began to tear each strand in half. So that was why he took me out there.