Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [9]

I stared at the pair, waiting for one of them to explain what they meant. They couldn't just hint at things and leave it like that, and I couldn't just go asking Alexander what else there was behind him. If I asked his dad, he'd probably tell me to go ask Alexander, and I was certain none of the maids would tell me anything. Maybe I could find something in a library of his or something, I knew he had a lot of them.

Neither Charlotte nor Leandra said a thing. I sighed, but carried on in determination to get it out of them, or at least one of them, "what's so bad about him that you can't tell me? I have to marry him anyway, so it won't change anything."

"We don't want to ruin your relationship with him. You're both barely getting along as it is. It's best not to ruin that." Charlotte explained, "besides, he'd be so furious if we did do anything to ruin it."

"Alright..." I guess that meant I'd have to find a way to weasel it out of him. The maid who got me marked told me he opened up easily, and if Alexander wanted me to trust him, then he should open up even easier.

It wasn't long before all three of us were saying our goodbyes to Leandra's family and making our way back to the castle. Hopefully, Leandra would be allowed to stay, I wanted her to be able to. She didn't deserve to get kicked out like that; this was her job.

Alexander was standing in the hallway by the entrance with his arms folded with a pretty annoyed look on his face, "so, came back did we? And decided to bring Leandra without my permission?" He wasn't talking to me, but to Charlotte, "you took Arianne without even telling me? I was about to come and look for you myself."

"It's not her fault, I said I'd tag along, and it was my idea to bring Leandra back." I interrupted. I couldn't let Charlotte take them blame.

"You know I told her to leave. So why?"

I itched my arm. "That's the thing," I began awkwardly, "could you maybe... give her another chance?" I asked sheepishly, not sure how he'd react.

"No," Alexander answered flatly.

My jaw dropped at his response, it seemed borderline immature that he wouldn't even explain himself. "Please. Charlotte and Leandra are my only means of female company."

"So? You'll still have one left," he replied with a slight edge in his tone.

"Fine." I turned to Leandra, "sorry Leandra. I'll just have to see you whenever I leave the castle. That's if the prince says it's okay."

"That's not fair!" He interrupted.

"Oh, isn't it? That's a funny thing to say, coming from you. I could make a list of the things you've made me do that weren't fair."

He stepped forward, "like what?"

Charlotte cleared her throat, "I don't think it matters. Alex, if your choice is final, I'll escort Leandra home."

Alexander held up his hand to silence Charlotte. "No, no. I want to hear this first."

"Well, you kidnapped me and brought me here, my friend is dead because of you, you had me marked. You made me sleep in some bed forcefully, got me ECT, you practically just told me I can't leave without your permission and now Leandra can't stay to keep me company. You and I must see 'fair' very differently."

His smug expression fell into a frown. What was wrong with him now? There was always an issue.

"God." I heard him mutter. He stared at me, his purple eyes going right through me. His expression wasn't readable, "she can stay. Whatever." He turned on his heel and hastily walked off.

Charlotte nudged me and raised her brows in the direction of Alexander. She was indicating that I go after him. I silently protested that was until Leandra copied the actions of Charlotte. I rolled my eyes and did as they said.

"Wait-"

"I'm terrible to you..." he stopped walking suddenly and turned to face me.

I couldn't lie and disagree, so I didn't, "yeah a little toxic at times but-."

"No, I don't mean that. That list of all the unfair things."

"I mean, I guess all of it isn't completely your fault."

"Yes, it is!"

I staggered at his outburst. I wasn't expecting him to yell. His eyes seemed to be mixing violet and grey, it looked strange, yet mesmerising at the same time. It looked like when you poured syrup into water. Just the way the two colours seemed to intertwine; it was fascinating- now was not the time to be thinking how mesmerising his eyes were!

"Arianne, I don't want to be like this," he said quieter than before.

"Yeah, yeah I know. You've told me already-"

"No." He interjected, "do you believe it though?"

"I'll believe it when you can keep your cool for even a week. I've agreed to trust you, but if you're going to act completely unpredictable towards me then that trust is going fade faster than you'd expect." I explained sternly. Alexander's behaviour was really irritating, although my behaviour towards him wasn't much different, it wasn't as bad as his.

"Fine." He thought for a few seconds, "how about we go out to eat dinner. All of us."

"Whatever you want Alexander," Charlotte said after she and Leandra caught up with us.

I didn't even know they were following us as we walked, then again I shouldn't have been surprised. You were likely to find one of them helicoptering around Alexander at any time of the day.

"Well alright." He nodded, "go get ready you three. Formal attire." He hurried us to our rooms and then left to get ready himself.

Back in my bedroom, I was walking through my closet, and something caught my eye- something silver and glittery.

The cutest dress ever! It was a silver sequined dress that looked as if it'd reach just above my knees. I grinned as I pulled it off its hanger and grabbed some glossy black stilettos from the shoe rack that had been painstakingly colour coordinated. I put some simple make-up on and finger-combed through the messier parts of my thick, black hair.

After giving myself a once-over in the mirror, I left to meet Charlotte, Leandra and Alexander. To my surprise, Leyton and Jayden were there too. It seemed that Jayden had been let out of punishment sooner than I thought...

"Took your time. You look good." He had his hair parted to the side and he was wearing a plain black suit with a black shirt and grey tie.

"You too," I responded simply.

"Where are we going exactly?" Asked Leandra raising her eyebrow. She was wearing a black lace dress with long sleeves and red heels, she had her hair tied into a high, neat bun, and the most beautiful pearl necklace and matching earrings that I had ever seen.

Alexander's eyes sparkled with mischievousness, "It's a surprise."

He led us out to a black limousine that was waiting for us. And it began our journey to the surprise location.