Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [40]

Leyton slowed down to a halt in front of a fairly new-looking wooden building. Although it was two floors high, it was still very small. The shack was situated in a large dry grass field and fitted in well with its surroundings. It didn't look like a blood bank. It looked like someone's home.

"Astonishingly enough, this is the joint that sells the most expensive, highest quality blood in Nox Aterrima. We barely need to buy blood because it's so filling, " Leandra commented walking ahead.

"It's cute," I replied taking in my plain surroundings. The road we came on was out of sight.

"So were your underwear," Jayden leant in to whisper.

I swatted him away like a bug and hurried over to Alexander who was searching for something in the glove compartment. I watched as he had a face of pure confusion as he rummaged in search of something.

He looked so cute with furrowed eyebrows, a slight frown on his face and his cheeks had a slight rosy tint to them. I sat behind the wheel and keeping silent, but continuing to watch in amusement.

"Don't tell me I left it at home..." Alex muttered in a displeased tone. He sighed and heavily planted his forehead on the dashboard.

"What are you looking for, Alex?" I questioned.

"To get blood, you need a card, which states how much blood you bought, when you bought it and what kind of blood you bought. Without it, you can't purchase blood." He muttered keeping his head down.

"Can't they just let you off?"

"Depends on who's serving."

"Then let's see. Come on. I want to look inside."

Alex sighed and dragged himself out of the landrover and followed me over to the entrance of the blood bank. Everyone else had already gone in, obviously not in the patient mood today.

Surprisingly, the door was automatic. It slid open and a fresh gust of AC escaped the wooden shack. I took Alexander's hand and pulled him in as he was just dawdling along. I wanted to see inside so badly and he was just taking his time.

Just as the outside of the shack, the inside was also wooden. The shelves, the floor, the counter and the stairs were all wooden.

On the shelves were glass bottles filled with red liquid with a variety of shades and opacities, obviously filled with blood.

"Why are you so eager to be in here anyway? You do realise this is mainly the blood of humans in here, right?" Questioned Alexander beside me as he fiddled with the lid of one of the glass jars.

"Yeah. But it's still interesting," I answered, not paying attention to something else he muttered. I was more interested in the naming on the glass jars. I think they were different blood types.

"Alexander is that your whiny voice I can hear? Oh my gosh, Are you trying to avoid me again?" A voice belonging to a hidden female echoed around the room.

I tiptoed to try and peek above the shelf I was behind but I couldn't see anything, the shelves were too high.

Alex pulled me down. "Stay down. This girl is worse than Masashi's daughter. I swear," he whispered cautiously.

I eyed him suspiciously but did what he said nonetheless. Alexander tugged at my arm to follow him. I huffed and followed him behind some shelves further away from where we were previously stood. I gave Alex a look as to say what the hell is going on? But he just held his index finger up to his lip as to not say anything.

"Alex, I can smell you. Come out, I know you're in here. Why are you hiding?" The female voice began to get nearer, I could hear her footsteps getting closer. She then laughed. "Found you." A girl with long golden blond hair and piercing orange eyes jumped from behind the shelf with a beaming smile showing off her pearly whites and dangerously sharp looking fangs.