Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride (Christmas special) [2]

I shot up with a grin on my face. It was Christmas Day, who wouldn't be jubilant about it?

I raced into the bathroom to make myself appear appropriate and headed down to the living room in my Pyjamas.

Everybody was already up and awake, eager to open their presents.

"Morning everyone, merry Christmas!" I greeted in a chirpy tone before joining everyone, who were all sat down on cushions and bean bags.

"We waited until you were awake before we opened any presents. Especially since it's your first Christmas with us, didn't want to leave you out."

"Aw, thanks, guys."

King Monaghan stood himself up and looked at each of us, "Now, shall we begin?" We all shouted some form of yes in unison. "Good, present wrappings are colour coded so grab whatever present is wrapped in you assigned colour; Pink is Charlotte, Blue is Jayden, green in Leyton, black is Leandra, Alexander is purple, Henrietta is white, I'm red and Arianne is silver."

All of the coloured presents surrounded the beautifully decorated 7ft Christmas tree that wasn't too far from the corner of the room.

I felt a hand grab my elbow just as I stood up. It was Alexander, he had one hand behind his back. "Hey before you get anything, let me just give you this."

He raised his hand up above our heads and lean in for a nice warm kiss. When the kiss ended I looked up to see Alexander holding up mistletoe.

A smile forced its way onto my face and I felt my cheeks beginning to heat up.

"Merry Christmas." Alexander then pulled me in for a long hug before letting me go to collect my pile of presents.

I had never before seen so many presents around a tree before. It was amazing!

I began unwrapping present after present after present, thanking whoever bought it for me. I loved all of them.

There were two presents left before me, one medium sized from Alexander, and one small one from an unknown sender.

I decided to unwrap Alexander's first. There was a pile of all the marvel films, both of the Hunger Games books and some anime DVDs, which were being held together by a gold necklace with a heart-shaped amethyst pendant in the middle.

I squealed and hugged Alexander tightly, "I love all of them! How did you know?"

"I know a lot about you. Here, let me put the necklace on for you."

I nodded, faced away from Alexander and lifted my hair up. I felt Alex's hands brush against my neck, which left a hot trail behind after he removed them.

"It- it looks perfect on you. Wow." He managed to get out as I turned to face him.

"Thank you."

Next was the small octagon shaped present no bigger than the size of my palm. I slowly tore the wrapping off to reveal a small pandora box, and inside that box was a silver bracelet. That bracelet was Selena's, I knew it was. It had the exact sane charms, in the exact order Selena wore them in.

I put my hand over my mouth as I felt my eyes begin to tear up. "Is this- Is this from Selena's parents?" I choked out.

"Yeah uh, I went over to their house about a week ago. I figured they'd want to give you a present." Alexander answers sheepishly, running his fingers through his hair.

"Oh gosh!" I smiled and hurriedly wiped the tears from my eyes. "I don't want to cry. I hope my presents I got for you are ok, I don't think they could equate to what you've given me."

"Don't worry about it." Alex ripped off the wrapping paper off of each of the gifts to reveal everything I bought him. "I see you got me a selection of gifts, eh?"

I shrugged, "just stuff. Leandra and Charlotte claimed you never liked anything they bought you so I just got a range of different things."

"We'll you got it perfect. They'd always go and buy me some expensive jewellery, or a property or something ridiculous like that. I just want something normal."

Leandra scooted over to us, "hey now, don't be a spoiled brat. If you wanted a games console in the past, we could've got you one if you asked."

Alex smirked, "you two have been my supervisors since I was 8, you should know what I want."

Suddenly I found myself laying on my back with Henrietta on top of me, grinning. She squealed, "How the hell did you know I wanted that necklace? Like, I still can't stand you, but wow, thank you!"

I stared blankly at Henrietta for a few seconds. Did she really need to dive on me for that? "Yep. No problem."

Henrietta crawled back to where she was leaving me laying on my back staring up at the ceiling wondering what had just happened.

Leandra extended out her hand for me to take, and pulled me into an upright position. "Keep buying her gifts like that and you'll be best friends in no time." She leant in to whisper.

"Hey, uh. Go put something warm on, and then meet me at my room in 10 minutes? Alright?"

I nodded. "Sure."

Both me and Alexander stood up and dismissed ourselves before leaving to go to our rooms.

In my room, I walked into my wardrobe, which had been completely revamped with clothes for the cold. I chose to wear a black turtle neck, a bottle green pencil skirt, black tights and my Creepers. I stuffed in a beanie and left to find Alexander who was already waiting.

"Let's go."

By the time I realised, we were heading out the back of the castle and venturing further through the forest than I had ever been.

We reached an opening, where there were no trees, just grass.

I looked around and my eyes landed on some animate objects in the opening.
Right in front of me was a herd of Reindeer, all with different coloured bright eyes, just grazing on the grass below them.

I gasped, "can we touch them?"

Alexander held his arm out In the direction of the Reindeers. "Of course you can."

I slowly approached a reindeer that had been staring at me and Alexander since we got in to its proximity. It huffed out of its nose before bowing its head down at me.

"Slowly, place your hand above between his eyes. If he huffs again you're free to pet him."

I did as Alexander said and it took a while before it huffed. I grinned and began to rub behind its ears.

I had never seen an actual reindeer in person, let a line get to touch one. "This is awesome. What are they doing here?" I asked, continuing the rub the deer.

"They migrate down here from up in the mountains further away from the castle. I think it's not as cold."

The deer pushed its damp cold nose against my cheek. I laughed a little. "I only ever had one pet, and it was only for a month..." I thought out loud.

"Oh? What pet was it?"

"A little mouse I found stuck in a trap. I put him in a box in my room and fed him every day. I also did my best with his injured leg, then I let him go when it healed. I called him Monty."

"Mice are gross."

"No, they're not!" I retorted. "I won't argue with a vampire who's afraid of spiders." I folded my arms and turned away from Alexander in a childish manner.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. "Hey hey, just because I'm a vampire, doesn't mean I can't be afraid of things." He paused for a moment, Mm, your neck is really soft."

"Easy tiger, don't go biting me yet." I teased.

I felt the vibrations in Alex's stomach as he chuckled, "Merry Christmas, Arianne."

"Merry Christmas, Alex."