Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [30]

When I got back to the castle I changed into some different clothes and went for a walk around the castle. How long was I gone for? I didn't even know.

"Hey, long time no see." A hand was placed on my shoulder and I turned to see Joseph smiling at me.

"Oh, hi. Yeah, I know."

"What's up? You seem troubled."

I shook my head and smiled wryly, "no, it's nothing. So I see you're not here shopping for maids this time?"

Joseph was Alexander's cousin I had met the first time Alexander took me out to see Nox Aterrima. I hadn't seen him since that day if he didn't leave such an impact on me from the way he spoke about 'slaves' I probably wouldn't have remembered who he was.

"Excited for tomorrow evening?"

"What's happening tomorrow?"

"Dinner! You're going to be introduced to a handful of the Monaghan family," he announced with infinite times more enthusiasm than myself.

I rolled my eyes, "the same ones that will try to kill or hurt me? Great..."

He laughed and squeezed my right shoulder, "don't worry, you have your big strong vampire fiance protecting you."

I smiled and laughed along with him.

"Hey, uh, can one of you help me out here?" Alexander came hurrying down the hallway towards us and began to steer us in the direction of his room. I looked around. Nothing had changed. Joseph and I exchanged confused faces and then asked Alex what he wanted.

"Well..." he trailed off, pointing at his laptop. There was a slight quiver in his voice.

I cautiously edged my way over to the laptop in case this was just a prank so Alex could scare me. He didn't need to. My eyes fixed on to a giant house spider sat on the keyboard staring at back me.

A crooked smile appeared on my face as I turned to stare at Alexander.

"I take back what I said about you having a big strong vampire fiance," Joseph muttered beside me while snickering to himself. I couldn't help but laugh a little myself.

"It's not funny. Those things are horrible!" Alex insisted with pure disgust marked on his face.

I had to bite my lower lip to stop me from bursting out laughing in front of him. I guess it was karma for kicking me out of bed. The spider was large with a span of the Y key to the P key, but I didn't think it'd be large enough for a vampire to be scared of.

I sat down on the edge of Alexander's bed, "I'm not touching that thing. It could have gross germs or venom that humans can't handle."

"If it bites you then I'll bite you. Then you'll survive., Alexander retorted.

"Oh my god. You two are so immature." Joseph grabbed the spider and put it in his mouth... eating it.

He ate the spider. He just ate the spider.

I could feel myself beginning to gag as I pictured myself thinking of what it'd be like eating a spider; the legs! That was the most horrific thing I had seen since I came to this place. None of the murders I had seen, terrifying monsters, almost being bitten none of that compared to what I just saw.

"I'm not going to lie, that tasted surprisingly good. If you were immune to its venom I'd suggest you try it." Joseph picked his teeth with his index finger casually. "I'll see you two around."

I shivered uncontrollably and tried to forget what I just witnessed. "Hey, Alex, what exactly is the process of transformation. Like do you almost kill me by sucking my blood, or do you bite me and I have to feed on something?"

He sighed and shook his heads, "books, films, and even folklore... most of them lie. No, I just bite you, suck about a quarter of your blood and then I insert my own into you, which in time will merge with your blood, and my abilities, become yours. You won't be as powerful as I am, you'll also no longer be a pureblood. I hope that'll be ok with you."

There it was again! That term, 'pure blood'. "What is a pureblood? I keep hearing that term but no one ever explains what it is. How do you distinguish a pureblood from... an impure blood or whatever you'd call it."

"Over time, you humans have...bred with each other a lot, reducing the number of purebloods. You've also bred with vampires. breeding with the weak vampires gives you those strong or fast humans, and gives some those unnatural looking fangs, in their case, canines. Purebloods are rare extremely nowadays."

"So I'm just a full, boring old human? Yay..."

I understood why we purebloods were rare after Alexander's little explanation. We'd lived among vampires for centuries and neither of us were none the wiser. Through the billions of people to ever exist on the planet, and no one in my family had had kids with vampires. It was remarkable.

The next day was one of my free days, where myself and Alexander didn't have to go and visit another state, so I was heading off to Medina's dress shop to go try on my wedding dress. Finally!

Medina's shop was buzzing with life that day, however, no one was allowed into the changing rooms until I was gone, to keep the identity of my final dress design undisclosed until the day of the wedding.

It was edging nearer and nearer, thinking about it made me nervous and all panicky. From the sounds and looks of it, the wedding was going to be a huge thing, and I, being the clumsy, accidental self embarraser, was going to find a way to shame myself in front of thousands and thousands of people. I knew I was.

"Arianne! It's so nice to see you again." I was pulled into a hug by Medina who then held me out at arm's length, "I can't wait to see your dresses on you all. Come, come, follow me!"

She always seems so excited for everything, even I was a little eager to see what I'd look like. I loved the dress, but I wasn't sure if the dress would love me.

It took me a while to get the dress on as I was trying my very best not to damage it or get my footprints on it. Eventually, when I got it on with the help of Medina, I exited my changing compartment to show Charlotte and Leandra my dress.

They were amazed as they admired the dress and its beauty. Their dresses were very similar to mine except the entirety of theirs were mostly grey with only a little gold, they were also more like slip dresses.

"I apologise, it seems I have left the veil and mock-bouquet at home, I'll have them sent to you before the day of the wedding. But on the positive note, you look breathtaking! I wish I had made a dress like this for my own wedding."

"Thank you, this is more than I could've hoped for," I breathed out, a little overwhelmed. Never in my life did I think I'd get a one of a kind, handmade dress, and never did I imagine it would be so stunning. It was perfect.

Medina smiled and enveloped me in a hug, "It's my honour!"

To celebrate exactly three months until the wedding, Leandra decided we should stop and get some ice cream on our way home. Of course, I gladly obliged. It had been too since I last tasted ice cream!