Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [26]

I was sat on my balcony staring out at the forest until something moving at a fast past caught my eye. I watched it closely, whatever it was had it's back faced to me the whole time and moved so fast that I lost sight of it every now and again.

It stopped and turned around, it probably knew I was watching it. What if it was another one of those dangerous creatures like the one that attacked the castle? I ducked down and watched the dark silhouette as turned around, its front half was black as well. I squinted to make out any facial features and that was when I realised, it was completely black, aside from its eyes which were a piercing blue.

In the blink of an eye, it was gone. I sat back up on the bench and sighed a sigh of relief.

"What the heck were you doing watching me?"

I was about scream when a pair of coal coloured hands covered my mouth and silenced me. The thing from down in the forest had me. Oh my god! I clamped my eyes shut and was ready to bite the hands before the voice spoke again, "It's just me, jeez."

I slowly opened my eyes to see the black thing retreating up the arm and pale flesh beginning to show. I looked up to see Jayden staring down at me. He removed his hand from my mouth.

"What the hell are you thinking? Do you want me to have a heart attack?" I screamed at him. My heart was running a race in my chest.

"Didn't you know it was me?"

"How the hell was I supposed to know it was you? Why did you cover my mouth? I thought you were going to kill me!"

He laughed and sat on the balcony edge in front of me. Even though it was raining heavily, Jayden was completely dry apart from his hair.

"I didn't want you to alert Alexander, he would've heard you scream. If I came to approach you, looking how I did, you would've ran away. Anyway, You don't remember back when Leyton and I were spying on you in the trees, on our little kidnap mission? You saw us in the trees and then we disappeared? Didn't you notice we were completely black?"

When I thought back to the day, I did remember two black figures perched above on the tree watching me, that I had mistaken for silhouettes. Strange...

"Why were you completely black? I didn't even know vampires did that."

"Camouflage at night," he answered flatly. "anyway, what are you doing sat out here?"

I shrugged, "there's nothing else to do."

He laughed, "Ha, well have fun being bored. I'm going back to hunting." He leant back and fell over the edge.

I ran to look over but he was nowhere to be seen. What the heck? Idiot...

I went back inside and got a book off my desk, sat on my bed and began to read. It was a story about a girl who had a new neighbour and his family move next door, only to find out that this new neighbour of hers was actually in a gang. They were rivals of a gang the girl's mildly abusive father was once in, who wanted revenge after the father abandoned them. So her new neighbour is assigned to protect her, eventually, the girl ends up leaving to go live with her neighbour and now boyfriend and his brother and it just went on like that...

It wasn't the kind of story I wanted to help bring my mood up, and it was confusing to read as I was barely paying attention to it. It was mildly interesting to read through. When I looked at the clock on the wall opposite my bed it was 9:30npm. What to do...

I hopped out of bed and began to wander the hallways when I came across a strange raven-haired man with shocking blue eyes. He looked quite suspicious as he stopped to stare at things he passed. What the heck was he doing in the castle? He glanced in my direction as I hid around the corner. After a few seconds, I felt it was safe to look again.