Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride [52]

I peeled my eyes open slightly, to the sensation of being rocked side to side. I cursed under my breath and closed my eyes again. The boat was sure being violent on the waters that were so calm however long ago.

I jolted up slightly to the feeling of hands just below my butt. Beginning to struggle, I found myself on the floor, Leandra and Charlotte both towering over me with looks of concern plastered on their faces. I squinted up at them, confused and disorientated.

Charlotte held out her hand and hoisted me up to my feet, brushing me down like an overprotective mom. "Are you alright? Leandra was giving you a piggyback so you didn't have to walk, and you just started to struggle."

"Oh," I felt my ears warm up as I took in my surroundings to avoid the awkward situation. It was dark and no one was around. Good.

Up ahead I could see a bunch of dense trees and a thin concrete road cutting between them, leading to what looked like a gate. It wasn't too far away but the darkness infringed my sight slightly. Wherever the road led to was where we were lumbering off to.

As we advanced nearer and nearer to the gate I spotted a black figure stood there.

"Hello?" Charlotte hollered, I assume over to the black figure because that's where she was heading off to with great speed, even with the two large suitcases trailing behind her and the backpack slung over her shoulders.

Leandra also picked up her pace with me still on her back. I wasn't sure how long Charlotte and Leandra had been trudging along prior to me being awake, but I assured her that she could put me down and I could walk myself, even though I was still extremely tired.

Finally, at the gate, a slender woman with long ginger and almost shocking green eyes in a nightdress greeted us and promptly let us through the gates. The enormous concrete walls that stretched far out either side of me didn't help explain where we were. Helena (the lady at the gate) never said anything, and there was no sign.

For the time being, I didn't ask, I was too dozy to take much in. All I remembered was that I would be sharing a room with two random girls; Leandra and Charlotte would be in other rooms, and that I was staying at a private boarding school.

Helena, Charlotte and Leandra all followed me to the dorm I'd be staying in. It didn't look like much, a few wardrobes, three beds, a desk. Two of the beds were occupied, Helena silently pointed me to the empty bed just beside the door. Thank God I was still in my pyjamas! Charlotte silently put my suitcase at the foot of my bed, hugged me and left.

I was eager to get back to sleep and wasted no time in doing so.

*

"Shh. Are you trying to wake the poor girl up?" A girl whispered beside me.

"Obviously you are." I murmured as I forced myself into full consciousness. That gave me de ja vu back to when I first woke up in the castle. I didn't even think of the others in the room last night, I went straight to sleep.

Two girls were hovering over me, staring intently. I sat up and stared back at the girls.

The brunette of the two cleared her throat. "Apologies. I'm Kyra and this is April." She informed me, pointing at the blonde beside her.

"Ok. I'm-"

"You're Arianne Rosalina Monaghan! Married to the Prince of Nox Aterrima," April interrupted in excitement.

I hadn't even realised that I'd lost my old surname, it didn't flow off of the tongue as easily as Dewynters did. She seemed to know my name pretty well though.

"Yeah, that's right. How do you know?"

"Everyone knows who you are. You married Prince Alexander Monaghan, it's big news." Answered April.