Chapter 6

"No"

"Come on honey, try it"

"No"

Leanne pushed the shirt into Sarah's unwilling arms. The girls had been shopping all morning and so far Sarah had barely gotten anything and Leanne was getting quite exasperated. Sunny and Carly had left hours ago to do their own things. They had gotten everything they needed and got quite bored with Sarah's picky taste.

"I am never going to wear that" Sarah mumbled. Leanne puffed her cheeks in annoyance. She was going to try another tactic.

"What is the first rule of survival?" Leanne asked bluntly.

"Blending in" Sarah mumbled with a frown. Leanne raised an eyebrow and waited for Sarah to say something. The young girl sighed dramatically and stomped her way to the changing room. Leanne grinned and pumped her fist in the air in victory.

Sarah mumbled the entire time as she stripped her coat off and put the thin long sleeved shirt on. It was a light yellow colour and Sarah almost puked at her reflection in the giant mirror. She stepped out of the room and Leanne put a hand on her mouth and tried to stifle a laugh.

"My mistake, you can take it off now" Leanne giggled and Sarah rolled her eyes while slamming the door. Once she was out again and into her oversized old coat she glared at the older woman. "Fine, if you are really bent on buying me clothes then I want dark, not light. No dresses or skirts and I don't want fluffy nor tight and no designs"

Leanne nodded and took notes. They walked out of the shop and made their way down the alleyway where there were plenty of different clothing stores. Sarah looked around uninterested in what she saw. Who knew shopping was so difficult and Sarah honestly hated shopping. To see so many people buying so many useless things made Sarah's blood boil. Most of these people disregarded the fact that others had no money to even buy food. They spent left and right as if money meant nothing while less fortunate people struggled to earn a penny.

Sarah stopped in front of a shop that looked decent and walked in. Leanne followed her already disapproving of the style but being a lady with good manners, stayed silent. Whatever clothing the brown haired girl wanted, Leanne would accept it and buy them as long as it allowed her to get rid of the horrid piece of attire both girls owned.

This time it was easier for Sarah to choose. She picked long sleeve shirts, pants, sweaters and t-shirts on Leanne's behalf. Sarah was not keen on wearing short sleeved shirts but bought some anyway just to make the older woman stop being so pushy. Leanne insisted on buying more than what Sarah needed and the girl was tired of arguing. By the time they were done shopping, it was late in the evening and both of them were exhausted.

They made their way to Chapters, a book store, and went looking for Sunny and Carly. They found the others at the little coffee shop at the end of the store. Carly was sitting in front of Sunny reading a fashion magazine while the little Japanese girl had her nose in an anatomy brick. Leanne sat down while Sarah went to get a cup of coffee.

"Finally, we were about to leave without you" Carly said without lifting her eyes from her magazine. Leanne smiled and ruffled her daughter's hair. "Not the hair", Carly squirmed away slapping her mother's hand away. Leanne laughed and turned her attention to Sunny who had yet to greet them. She was writing down notes in her paper book.

"Don't bother" Carly said "We came here to relax and here she is studying about the human body. She hasn't said a thing since we sat down"

Sarah came back with two coffees and sat down on the remaining chair. She gently tucked a strand of Sunny's hair behind her ear which startled the young girl. Sarah cocked her head to the side to see Sunny's confused expression when she slowly looked up from her reading and smiled.