Chapter 12

It was quite rare for the doorbell to ring at quarter-to-eight on a Saturday morning. Luckily everyone was awake and rushing around. The Murray's had a thing for the saying 'The early bird catches the worm' even Carly and Ben. The Murray's were usually up by seven in the morning during the weekend.

Sunny and Sarah were up by then too, except it was out of habit. When they lived on the streets, there always had to be someone awake to stand watch while the other would sleep and then they'd switch. They also had to wake up early, before dawn so that bystanders or police offers didn't see them. It was illegal to sleep in certain parks or streets and the officers had the right to arrest them if they saw it fit.

That weekend, while Leanne and Sarah were going out, the rest of them were going to a friend's ranch where their horses were living. Carly and Ben each had a horse and took courses during the weekend. Sunny desperately wanted to learn how to ride and Dean was the lucky driver.

"I got it" Carly screamed happily. She rushed to the door with a wild smile but froze when she saw who was at their front door.

"Good morning" Vivian said blandly. She didn't look too happy to be there.

"Vivian, hi" Carly blinked. "Oh shit, please come in"

Vivian took a hesitant step inside the residence but stayed by the door while Carly went back to the kitchen. A few seconds later, Leanne and Sarah popped out. Sarah stifled a laugh, truly not expecting Vivian to have come.

"Vivian, its good of you to come" Leanne said with uncertainty. She was quite shocked when Sarah asked Vivian to join them, believing that they hated each other.

"Good morning, Mrs. Murray" Vivian said as she shuffled her feet. She looked at Sarah but remained silent.

Sarah waved shyly, pondering if she made a mistake by doing this. Luckily for Sarah, Vivian had been too engrossed in the last conversation she had with her that she had left Sarah alone for the remaining of the week. There was no incident or remarks as Vivian stayed quiet and to herself.

"Are you ready?" Leanne asked and Sarah nodded. She kissed Sunny's head before getting dressed and picking up her bag.

"Bye girls, have fun" Dean yelled out and Carly waved, still shocked. Leanne waved them goodbye and started the car. Vivian sat in the back and Sarah in the front passenger seat. She turned around to face Vivian with a smile.

"You remembered your bathing suit?" Sarah asked innocently.

"Excuse me?" Vivian frowned.

"Oh, didn't I tell you that you needed a bathing suit?"

"No, you did not" Vivian spat.

"Oops" Sarah chuckled and turned her attention forward. She saw Leanne looking at her weirdly and smiled innocently.

"What?"

Leanne shook her head but remained quiet. Their destination was an hour away and the three ladies fell into a comfortable silence, listening to the radio. Sarah didn't miss Vivian staring at her with an emotionless expression. Vivian didn't shy away, boldly looking back without an ounce of embarrassment.

"We are here" Leanne said.

"A Spa Resort?" Vivian said in disbelief. "You brought me in a Spa Resort?"

The Resort was located beside the St-Laurence River. It was surrounded by forests and a peaceful atmosphere. All the cabins were made of wood and stone. The main cabin was where the main desk and the restaurant were.